Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I don't care about realism but want simple fun good looking racing game that controls well. Which one should I get?

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Need for Speed Shift for iPad would suit what you are looking for. I don't have it but it has gotten rave reviews. If you later prefer realism, Real Racing would be the best racing sim currently for the iPad.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I've tried an awful lot of racing games, and the one I keep coming back to is, surprisingly, Cro-Mag Rally. Especially now that it is tied into Game Center, and you can race other people in real time. Yeah, it's totally not realistic, but each cart handles distinctly differently, and all of the typical driving techniques apply - ie. the line matters - that is, if you hit your apex, you will be faster.

matt90036

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
don't get real racing HD. the game is overrated and overpriced. it is boring and not fun at all..

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Reckless Racing...

It's a top down view racer but with great visuals and surprisingly fun gameplay as well. Has plenty of tracks and online as well.

No sim nonsense, just good arcade racing fun that is perfect with touch screen controls and not having to learn to steer by turning your iPad.

Check it out, I loved it so much, I even got it for my MBP to kill some downtime or even at home connected to my 27" ACD.

:cool:

If you like the first person perspective but still arcade with cars, Asphalt 6HD from Gameloft should fit the bill. It's a bit frustrating at first but easy to get the hang of and I imagine it should run great on an iPad 2. I have it for my original and it still runs very smooth.

In the end, I still go back to Reckless Racing. :eek:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The only racing game I have is Asphalt 6 and I love it! I got it when it was full price but I think it's discounted now

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I don't care about realism but want simple fun good looking racing game that controls well. Which one should I get?

Real Racing 2 HD
Death Ralley
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Drag Racing
Asphalt 6

----------

don't get real racing HD. the game is overrated and overpriced. it is boring and not fun at all..

Real Racing yes, is not very good. But Real Racing 2 HD is very Gran Turismo like. I enjoy it a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.