Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needuhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Both my3g and 3g unrestrictor should work,

1. after install, set Facetime IsDirect flag to on,

2. go to sbsetting turn off and then back on my3g or 3g unrestrictor,

3. respring,

4. turn on wifi but don't need to connect to any connection,

5. it should works:)

DAnderson823

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
3G Unrestrictor wont even download for me...keep getting errors. Cydia in general isn't working properly. Just got a 504 Gateway time-out when I tried opening it. Thats about the 10th time that has happened.
iPhone 4 on 4.1

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
Both my3g and 3g unrestrictor should work,

1. after install, set Facetime IsDirect flag to on,

2. go to sbsetting turn off and then back on my3g or 3g unrestrictor,

3. respring,

4. turn on wifi but don't need to connect to any connection,

5. it should works:)

I use My3G... I tried the "direct" flag method, but it just starts to connect and fails. I've heard 3G Unrestrictor works... don't really want to purchase another program that does the same thing if it's going to be fixed soon.

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
At least the devs are working on a fix...

Attachments

• IMG_0236.PNG
    IMG_0236.PNG
    164.1 KB · Views: 127

needuhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Just use 3G unrestrictor to test again, it works perfect, just make sure to turn on wifi but no need to connect to any network, both call in and out are working

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
Just use 3G unrestrictor to test again, it works perfect, just make sure to turn on wifi but no need to connect to any network, both call in and out are working

Okay this does work on 3G unrestrictor! I just understood what the op was trying to say. So do all of the above on the first post and make sure wifi is on but not connected to any "wifi networks".

I was turning off wifi to test and this caused it to not work.

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
I use My3G... I tried the "direct" flag method, but it just starts to connect and fails. I've heard 3G Unrestrictor works... don't really want to purchase another program that does the same thing if it's going to be fixed soon.

Works now... I tried the SBSettings "turn off/turn on" step and now I can make FaceTime calls over 3G on 4.1

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
me and my bro are both on 4.1 and have official apps of 3G unrestrictor and it doesn't seem to work... I get a pop up that says to go in settings and put wifi on...

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
well yes and no.... first try I was home so I couldn't leave wifi on or else it would connect to my router.... then I went out and saw this thread so I tried with wifi on and no go still the same pop up Connect to a wifi network to use face time... i even did a reset network settings.... deactivate then reactivate face time, deleted face time in 3G unrestrictor re added it still no go...

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
well yes and no.... first try I was home so I couldn't leave wifi on or else it would connect to my router.... then I went out and saw this thread so I tried with wifi on and no go still the same pop up Connect to a wifi network to use face time... i even did a reset network settings.... deactivate then reactivate face time, deleted face time in 3G unrestrictor re added it still no go...

Are you going through all the steps each time?

studmule

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Yay! This works for me also. If I have wifi turned on but not connected, then facetime works over 3G with 3G Unrestrictor, and the quality is as good as it was with 4.01. Doesn't work for me if wifi is turned off.

tphanake

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
facetime sms charge after 4.1 jailbreak

hi all, I'm new here and have been following the forums.
I have an AT&T IP4 running 4.1 with preserved baseband 01.59.00.

I have been using Facetime with no issues for the past 3 months over wifi (also jailbroken for the majority of the time until I upgraded to 4.1 recently). This past Sunday I jailbroke the phone with limera1n and installed 3g unrestrictor. Facetime call is working very well over 3g with "isDirect" option set to yes. However, since then AT&T is charging me an international text message for every single Facetime call I make, regardless whether i'm on wifi connection or 3g. The Facetime call i've been making is an international number, which has never incurred any sms/ connecting charges before the jailbreak.

anyone has this happening to them? Could you check your at&t usage and see if you are getting these sms charges.

thanks!

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
hi all, I'm new here and have been following the forums.
I have an AT&T IP4 running 4.1 with preserved baseband 01.59.00.

I have been using Facetime with no issues for the past 3 months over wifi (also jailbroken for the majority of the time until I upgraded to 4.1 recently). This past Sunday I jailbroke the phone with limera1n and installed 3g unrestrictor. Facetime call is working very well over 3g with "isDirect" option set to yes. However, since then AT&T is charging me an international text message for every single Facetime call I make, regardless whether i'm on wifi connection or 3g. The Facetime call i've been making is an international number, which has never incurred any sms/ connecting charges before the jailbreak.

anyone has this happening to them? Could you check your at&t usage and see if you are getting these sms charges.

thanks!

I noticed on the 4.1 update, you can now facetime using an email address. You might want to use that instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.