Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhino420

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
does anyone have any info on the broadcom 802.11n driver for windows 7 I just bootcamped my wifes macbook 6,1 2.26ghz unibody mac and everything went fine on the windows 7 install except her wireless wont work.. and i cant find a driver that windows will accept. HELP PLEASE!!!

fyi i also did my new 15 i5 about an hr prior to hers and mine works flawless and i cant get her wireless card to work!!! please help!!

gugucom

macrumors 68020
May 21, 2009
Munich, Germany
Drivers for Windows are all on the OS X install disk. Snow Leopard install will have Bootcamp 3.0 drivers. Insert the OS X disk under Windows and browse the disk for the drivers. You probably get a better experience if you install all the Bootcamp drivers in one package.

Rhino420

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
thanks for the repsonse.... but the first thing i did was install drivers of the os x install disk and all the drivers worked except for the broadcom driver Ive tried several times to install it but it doesn't want to work. btw this is the second time iver installed bootcamp on a mac so the first time was on a brand new 15 i5 mbp and it all worked flawlessly but this macbook wont install a driver any other help guys?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
the first thing i did was install drivers of the os x install disk

Did you use the disc that came with the MacBook or the one that came with your i5? They are particular to each machine until the specific drivers are folded in to the retail version.

B

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
There was a recent thread that had the wrong disc shipped with the system. You may want to contact Apple and make sure you have the right disc for your system.

B

Rhino420

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
thanks for the help.... but I goofed and kept asking windows to fnd the driver instead of looking for for the driver my self case closed !! thanks macrumors!

trikepilot2000

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
thanks for the help.... but I goofed and kept asking windows to fnd the driver instead of looking for for the driver my self case closed !! thanks macrumors!

Have u found the solution for wifi driver, pls?
I have the same prob.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.