Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lixe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Hello,
I just got my new AppleTV and sadly have some problems with my videos containing AAC Stereo and AC3. If I use handbrake my first audio stream is AAC and the second is AC3. These videos just work fine. But if I use mkvtools to change the container my first stream will be AC3 and the second stream is AAC. If I play these files on my AppleTV I just get stereo...
If I delete the AAC stream everything work fine, but I will probably have problems playing those files on an iPhone or iPad because of the missing AAC stream.
So is there any way to change the stream order? I've tried subler, but I can only delete or add streams, but not change.
Does anyone have an idea? how to get rid of the problem?

Thanks!

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
In subler, check if the two audio tracks are in the same alternate group, and if only the aac track is enabled.

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
You also probably just could change the audio-track inside the ATV menue? Keep pressing play/pause gives me the option to switch between the audio tracks, this should also work for AC3 and AAC streams?

lixe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
What version od MKVtools you using

2.4 had an issue with AC3 audio was fixed yesterday. in version 2.4.1

Good to know! Do I have to reconvert the videos I converted using 2.4? I've used 2.4 beta for a while and 2.4 for about 4 days. Do you know what exactely the issue was?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.