Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I am updated to 4.0.2, not JB. For some reason, when I am listening to music and the song changes, the screen turns on after about 5 seconds. It's weird, there are no push notifications from my Messages, Facebook, Skype, AOl, or voicemail apps. It does this with all notifications turned off and the phone in Airplane Mode. Is this a feature? If so, how do you get rid of it? If it is a defect, should I exchange it? I initially thought that it was a software problem, but i think it might be a bad Home button or a sleep button. Any ideas?

orbbital

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
iPhone 4 Screen Randomly Turns On

Hi, did you ever get any resolution on this issue? My iPhone that I got a couple of weeks ago is doing exactly the same thing..
I also have a problem where i get a couple of seconds of distorted sound in a lot of the songs i have..

az988

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2009
Just curious if anyone found a solution to this... I started noticing it on my iphone 4 (4.1 firmware)

az988

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2009
yeah it happens randomly, i'd rather it never happen. pretty useless feature to me, just waste of battery power :p

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Happens to me too. Not a massive deal but I thought I was maybe missing something? Just a bug, annoying but no biggie.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Happens on my 3GS and my 2nd gen touch too, and always just after the song changes. I really hope this isn't some new 'feature' Apple has added for those people that are too lazy to quickly activate the screen if they don't know what song is playing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.