Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
I just received the 100th Issue of Mac Addict this weekend and included in the regular CD they issue (I believe to subscribers only) was the "Ask Us OMatic" a searchable data base of ALL 874 questions ever asked of the Ask Us section. There's a Lot of FAQ Here and some good answers.
http://www.macaddict.com/
Their calling it a "Collector's Edition" so if you can get a copy.

Sparky :cool: :cool:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I received mine Saturday also. A very nice layout. Congratulations to MacAddict on their 100th issue. Haven't had a chance to look at it that well yet. :cool:

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
Solafaa said:
Wow a Mac Mag i think i am going to subscribe to it, dose it have much info?

News, Insights, Product reviews, How To's, Bug fixes, etc. and a complete advertisers section, and if you get this issue a complete history of the mag and the team that put it together. The CD that comes with it is worth the price alone, all kinds of demos to try, along with shareware, neat little untilities and more than you could ask for.

I give it :D :D :D :D :rolleyes:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i got my issue friday, its a good magazine, i cant decide if MacWorld is better though, they are pretty similar, but some of the tips in MacWorld are somewhat better, but im glad that its lasted as long as it has

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Mine came Saturday. I just filed the disc away without looking at it as I've gotten in the habit of doing.

Pretty cool though I'll have to check out the disc now. In the age of broadband connections I find the disc to be a waste. I just stick it with my MacAddict library and never look at them. I found out about 2 months ago that I can order MacAddict sans disc and save myself $10/year so extended my subscription but without CD.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I usually don't look at the discs either, but I was a little bummed that my 100th issue didn't come with a disc. Since I've stopped subscribing, they have sent me a few issues without the cd's. I have to say, I was a little dissapointed with the 100th issue. I was really hoping they would have some cool how-to's.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I love Mac Addict and their 100th issue is great. I have every issue-yes, all 100! :D

Over 8 years of Mac Addict.....

MacBandit

macrumors 604
latergator116 said:
I usually don't look at the discs either, but I was a little bummed that my 100th issue didn't come with a disc. Since I've stopped subscribing, they have sent me a few issues without the cd's. I have to say, I was a little dissapointed with the 100th issue. I was really hoping they would have some cool how-to's.

Email them and let them know you didn't get the disc. Even if you weren't suppose to get it they may send it to you.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
MacBandit said:
Email them and let them know you didn't get the disc. Even if you weren't suppose to get it they may send it to you.

Thanks, I'll try that. I wouldn't normally do this, but those 800 tips look pretty useful.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Not a bad mag and for Mac among the best but i just let my subscription go out and now have PC Gamer coming. I know you didnt want to hear that one. I have about a hundred old MacAddict disc's with demo's to get rid of. Anyone need lots of Mac software? Guess i could chuck em in the trash.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Dont Hurt Me said:
Not a bad mag and for Mac among the best but i just let my subscription go out and now have PC Gamer coming. I know you didnt want to hear that one. I have about a hundred old MacAddict disc's with demo's to get rid of. Anyone need lots of Mac software? Guess i could chuck em in the trash.

I've been collecting demo cds for years now. I have hundreds. I'm thinking of making a huge solar oven with them for the reflectors.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
maybe i should do the same , or make one of those AOL mosaics for my wall :eek: A lot of great demo's shareware and other stuff. Ill allways remember that UT demo. fantastic.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
MacBandit said:
If that doesn't work for you PM me we'll work something out. I'm sure I need the CD.

Looks like everything is working fine. I just sent them an email and they say I should be getting a replacement cd within 3-4 weeks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.