Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
There's an upgrade update in cydia but when I click to upgrade it doesn't upload anything

The size is 0.0kb

What is going on

I need this app in 4.1

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Specifically what app is not updating?

RemoveBG he said it on the title.

@OP Seen to be bugged it showing a dependency for firmware <4.1 (or less), which it seen to be weird since 3.x didn't have multitasking :eek: I'm sure was some type of typo on the configuration, just give them some time, it will be fix.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
yeah I downloaded the .deb file and installed it. it did not resolve the 4.1 issues (I had assumed it was a typo as well).

Flyinb

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2010
I emailed the developer and he responded.

"Sorry, RemoveBG isn't working on 4.1.
I am waiting for PwnageTool (I don't have any Windows).
Please wait..

--
rono23"

MrThompsonR

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2009
I use MultiFlow for app switching and BackGrounder to manage apps running in the background. The only "native" apps I let run in the background are Mail and iPod(when I'm listening to music)... Everything else closes when I press the Home button... A short press and hold of the Home button will "background" an app when I want one running in the background. The settings in Backgrounder gives you several options of managing apps/ backgrounding. Both apps work fine on 4.1

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
I don't know if this helps:

I have discovered, what is for me, the perfect way to manage apps on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1.

My goal was to setup my iPhone as follows:

1. Only certain apps would run in the background by default.

2. Any app could be manually made to run in the background using the native iOS 4.x method if supported or the Backgrounder method if the app did not support the native iOS 4.x method.

3. Apps that I did not choose to run in the background, either by default or manually, would not show up in the task switcher. This would be true even if the app supported any part of the iOS native backgrounding API.

I accomplished these three goals by doing the following:

1. Installed Backgrounder and Remove Recents.

2. In Backgrounder:

Under "Global":

- Set the "Backgrounding method" to "Auto Detect".

- Set "Enable at Launch" to "OFF".

- Set "Stay Enabled" to "ON".

- Set "Badge" to "ON"

- Set "Status Bar Icon" to "ON".

- Set "Minimize on Toggle" to "OFF".

Under "Overrides" add the apps you want to background whenever they run and select the backgrounding method and options you want for that app. I don't have any that I want to run in the background that do not support the iOS 4.x native backgrounding. So I set the Overrides up this way:

- Set the "Backgrounding method" to "Native".

- Set "Fast App Switching" to "OFF"

- Set "Enable at Launch" to "ON".

- Set "Badge" to "OFF"

- Set "Status Bar Icon" to "OFF".

Now, my iPhone backgrounds app exactly how I want it to. Apps that I don't have setup to background by default can be made to do so by briefly holding down the Home button.

I am quite happy with this setup. I just don't need "RemoveBG" any more and my task switcher is not full of apps that I don't need to see.

I was actually surprised to find how few apps I really needed or wanted to run in the background. That list includes:

iPod
Navigon
ooTunes
Pandora

That's it....but, I can make any app I want run in the background any time I want.

S-

MrThompsonR

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2009
I don't know if this helps:

I have discovered, what is for me, the perfect way to manage apps on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1.

My goal was to setup my iPhone as follows:

1. Only certain apps would run in the background by default.

2. Any app could be manually made to run in the background using the native iOS 4.x method if supported or the Backgrounder method if the app did not support the native iOS 4.x method.

3. Apps that I did not choose to run in the background, either by default or manually, would not show up in the task switcher. This would be true even if the app supported any part of the iOS native backgrounding API.

I accomplished these three goals by doing the following:

1. Installed Backgrounder and Remove Recents.

2. In Backgrounder:

Under "Global":

- Set the "Backgrounding method" to "Auto Detect".

- Set "Enable at Launch" to "OFF".

- Set "Badge" to "ON"

- Set "Status Bar Icon" to "ON".

Under "Overrides" add the apps you want to background whenever they run and select the backgrounding method and options you want for that app. I don't have any that I want to run in the background that do not support the iOS 4.x native backgrounding. So I set the Overrides up this way:

- Set the "Backgrounding method" to "Native".

- Set "Fast App Switching" to "OFF"

- Set "Enable at Launch" to "ON".

- Set "Badge" to "OFF"

- Set "Status Bar Icon" to "OFF".

Now, my iPhone backgrounds app exactly how I want it to. Apps that I don't have setup to background by default can be made to do so by briefly holding down the Home button.

I am quite happy with this setup. I just don't need "RemoveBG" any more and my task switcher is not full of apps that I don't need to see.

I was actually surprised to find how few apps I really needed or wanted to run in the background. That list includes:

iPod
Navigon
ooTunes
Pandora

That's it....but, I can make any app I want run in the background any time I want.

S-
Have you tried MultiFlow? I think it looks/ works better than Apple's TaskSwitcher and you don't have as many steps(double press the home button then swipe right to left(if more than 4 apps are open.) With MultiFlow all open apps show on one page as "thumbnails/ cards" sized to fit on one screen. You get the same red "x" to close apps.

multiflow-iphone.png

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
MrThompsonR,

I don't see the advantage of Multifl0w for me. It looks great, but I don't usually have enough apps open in the task switcher for it to offer an advantage over the built-in task switcher. Not an $4.99 anyway....

S-

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
does the new multifl0w actually close out of the programs? because before it didnt actually force close them or quit them it just remove it from the multifl0w

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
It is not and i don't know why the developer is waiting for another Pwnage tool. He may use Limerain or Greenpoison instead lol

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
It is not and i don't know why the developer is waiting for another Pwnage tool. He may use Limerain or Greenpoison instead lol

I installed MultiCleaner yesterday...it essentially works the same as Remove Background.

I prefer RB over MC though, as RB has an exception list for you to choose which apps aren't closed when you use the close apps function.

Does anyone know of a way to make an exception list for MC? Maybe edit some files via SSH??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.