Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkpixie08

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I recently came across a comment in a blog where someone mentioned that they had found a hack that would enable them to read their ebooks from their kindle app in ibooks. Has anyone heard of this before/know how to do it? Thanks.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
I recently came across a comment in a blog where someone mentioned that they had found a hack that would enable them to read their ebooks from their kindle app in ibooks. Has anyone heard of this before/know how to do it? Thanks.

I would guess that discussion on removal of kindle DRM would be counted as piracy and hence shouldn’t be discussed.

I would also guess that you didn't try very hard googling it as there are lots of ways described.

darkpixie08

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Ahh I didn't realize it would involve removing the DRM. My apologies

Sidenote: I did google it, all I came up with were a bunch of comparisons between using ibooks and kindle.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Ahh I didn't realize it would involve removing the DRM. My apologies

Sidenote: I did google it, all I came up with were a bunch of comparisons between using ibooks and kindle.

You need to google something like "remove kindle drm."

Once you remove the drm, you use Calibre to convert the books into epub format, then drag them into iTunes.

So long as you don't give away the de-drmed copies of your books to other people, I figure this falls under the category of hacking, not piracy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.