Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ykoussaifi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I have bought a used 16 GB Ipad wifi, on which there are around 500 applicaton. I also own a 64 GB 3G Ipad. I want to transfer the applications from the newly bought ipad , to my other one.. i tried to sync it , but itunes is saying that it will remove all apps from the ipad if i want to sync... how can i transfer the applications?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I am no expert on such matters, but I don't think it is possible
The apps on the iPad you bought are still tied to the iTunes account of the seller
You purchased the iPad, not the apps

I am sure someone will correct my thinking if I am off base though

StarLog

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2010
Florida
I have bought a used 16 GB Ipad wifi, on which there are around 500 applicaton. I also own a 64 GB 3G Ipad. I want to transfer the applications from the newly bought ipad , to my other one.. i tried to sync it , but itunes is saying that it will remove all apps from the ipad if i want to sync... how can i transfer the applications?

Say it is your wifes ipad.

On her pc, log her out and you in, authorize your account.
Download the prepurchased apps she wants.
log out and log her back in, plug in her ipad and sync apps...

Jimjoke

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Question?

All of my apps were bought on several different iTunes accounts! I am waiting to go return iPad2 for replacement but I am hesitant because I don't know if all my aps will be able to transfer??...... Anyone?

sophiak

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
Is there a limit to how many times you can de-authorize an account and is there a way you can see all the accounts that are authorized to the computer?

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US

The apps are not yours just because they were on an iPad which you bought. You own the iPad but not the apps.

Last edited:

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
There's no way to keep those apps anywhere but on the device. They're forever tied to the original purchaser's account - and that holds true for updates as well.

MonkeyBrainz

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2012
1) Plug in whatever device you want to back up the apps from
2) Right-click your device icon in iTunes and select the option to transfer you purchased apps to iTunes
3) Plug in any other devices you want to get the apps from and repeat the process
4) Plug in the device you want to transfer the apps to from iTunes
5) Highlight your device's icon so that on the right side it shows the Restore and Check for update options.
6) On the top there are tabs that should say "info" "apps" etc...
7) Click the Apps icon and then in the screen below select to sync apps. This will delete apps from your device but you can now sync the apps you transferred to iTunes to your new device

Please note that any apps you purchased will not work without the originating Apple ID you bought them from so you will have to use the same Apple ID in your new iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.