Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eshroom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
I hate how skype keeps me logged in whenever I close the app. How can I make it so that when I exit skype, it also logs me out!! Like it used to!
I hate it like this, im always online and I dont want to be. I also dont want to have to change my statues the whole time instead.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I like having it available to receive calls
One man's annoyance is another's cool feature I suppose

Double click your home button and close the app out
Only thing I can tell you at this point

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Mines logs in when I open it.
However, I want it to stay logged in until I completely close it. Not to log out when I switch from it. I want it to stay logged in when I switch from it so I can still receive calls & or texts.

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
today's update of the Skype app allows you to decide when the skype app will go offline while in the background :)

Immediately / 60 minutes / 30 minutes / 15 minutes / Never

citizenal

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2010
today's update of the Skype app allows you to decide when the skype app will go offline while in the background :)

Immediately / 60 minutes / 30 minutes / 15 minutes / Never

Now that's what i'm talking about. Going to update now.

eshroom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Mines logs in when I open it.
However, I want it to stay logged in until I completely close it. Not to log out when I switch from it. I want it to stay logged in when I switch from it so I can still receive calls & or texts.

Nice!!

Billby

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2017
I hate how skype keeps me logged in whenever I close the app. How can I make it so that when I exit skype, it also logs me out!! Like it used to!
I hate it like this, im always online and I dont want to be. I also dont want to have to change my statues the whole time instead.
Click on your photo and scroll down to where it says "log out".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.