Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
For all you military folks like me out there. AAFES is now stocking iPads, at least on their website. I can't verify if they have them in stores or not. Plus they are going for $10 cheaper than apple and they qualify for free shipping. So any military fellows out there that have been waiting to get one, here's a pretty decent deal on a brand new unit.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Well I had sold mine a few months ago because I was in a rough spot but I'm finally back on my feet so it was a good deal for me. I just really wanted to get one before my deployment next year. I would be gone whenever version 2 comes out, so if it's worth it, I'll upgrade after I get back. But I was completely happy with gen 1 iPad while I had it.

DaWeav

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
I'll just say to Apple, 'IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!' Seriously, the military exchanges should have got them long before Best Buy, Target, and now Walmart...come on Apple, where are your PRIORITIES!!!

jkutsch

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
Oahu, Hawaii
The Navy Exchange here in Pearl Harbor has been selling them pretty much since launch day. I think it was only a week or two delay before they were selling them.

HuggyLowDown

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2010
Northern Virginia
Awesome! Doesn't AAFES also take $10 off the original price. So like a 16GB Wifi iPad would be $489.99? No sales tax is what saves us money when buying Apple products at AAFES.

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
Well I had sold mine a few months ago because I was in a rough spot but I'm finally back on my feet so it was a good deal for me. I just really wanted to get one before my deployment next year. I would be gone whenever version 2 comes out, so if it's worth it, I'll upgrade after I get back. But I was completely happy with gen 1 iPad while I had it.

Hey dude. I remember your hard times. Glad to hear things are picking up for you. Where you deploying to? Like I don't know. If to the desert, be safe, stay low, and watch your back. If up in the mountains, the same goes. Peace to you dude.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Yeah, $10 off and no sales tax or shipping fees. I'm heading to Afghanistan. Unsure exactly where as of yet. Thanks for your support sapporobaby. I really appreciate it. I'm starting to get more and more nervous as time draws closer. I'm heading back to Oklahoma at the end of November to spend time with family before I head out.

TheK2Hill

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
I just happened to be on the AAFES website this weekend when I noticed they were finally carrying the ipad. Needless to say, I ordered one.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The Navy Exchange here in Pearl Harbor has been selling them pretty much since launch day. I think it was only a week or two delay before they were selling them.

Lucky by the way.

I had looked for them when it launched on their website. My nearest AAFES is almost an hour away at Davis Air Force Base and didn't want to go there since the nearest Apple Store is less than 10 minutes away. Just happened to check the site again the other day to see if they had good sales.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It looks like everything is just $10 cheaper than Apple prices. I don't know if I'd call that a regular discount. Honestly no idea about sales. I'm hardly ever in an actual store.

TheK2Hill

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
I just happened to be on the AAFES website this weekend when I noticed they were finally carrying the ipad. Needless to say, I ordered one.

I received my Ipad today and the PX at Camp Camp Lejeune now has the Ipad and a few accessories on the shelves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.