Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thanksbro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Hi guys, sorry for not presenting myself to you first:eek: . I am new to this scene since i am a new owner of the infamous Iphone 3g and i have a nice problem with it that make me want to burn, destroy this phone.

Ok, enough of those unrelevant comments, let me explain you the problem my Iphone has. Ok so first my iphone was completly locked to "Emergency call only" screen and then to solve the issue, i downgraded my iphone OS from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and jailbreaking using Blackra1n while itunes was showing the 1015 error screen (I did not click ok, i Jailbreaked the iphone using Blackra1n), after that the iphone was unsimlocked and i was able to navigate into the iphone and all, but there was no signal or carriers at all (but wifi was there).

After that, i downloaded Cydia to download Ultrasn0w and service was still not there. I also tried BlackSn0w but ,still, no service at all :mad:. I tried to restore everything networks and all, nothing. Tried to restart the phone, remove-reinsert different sim cards, but still nothing.

The iphone was initially locked to Virgin mobile ( Owned by Bell Mobile now), and now it shows Carrier as Roger 5.0 ; wich is good. When i try to look for cellphone Networks it says "Unable to load Network list". My Baseband is 5.12.01 and the OS is 3.1.2, Can someone explain me what to do, i am really starting to get tired with these iphones craps and thinking seriously about switching to Android, please help guy i really appreciate, thanks.

badm0j0

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
Hi guys, sorry for not presenting myself to you first:eek: . I am new to this scene since i am a new owner of the infamous Iphone 3g and i have a nice problem with it that make me want to burn, destroy this phone.

Ok, enough of those unrelevant comments, let me explain you the problem my Iphone has. Ok so first my iphone was completly locked to "Emergency call only" screen and then to solve the issue, i downgraded my iphone OS from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and jailbreaking using Blackra1n while itunes was showing the 1015 error screen (I did not click ok, i Jailbreaked the iphone using Blackra1n), after that the iphone was unsimlocked and i was able to navigate into the iphone and all, but there was no signal or carriers at all (but wifi was there).

After that, i downloaded Cydia to download Ultrasn0w and service was still not there. I also tried BlackSn0w but ,still, no service at all :mad:. I tried to restore everything networks and all, nothing. Tried to restart the phone, remove-reinsert different sim cards, but still nothing.

The iphone was initially locked to Virgin mobile ( Owned by Bell Mobile now), and now it shows Carrier as Roger 5.0 ; wich is good. When i try to look for cellphone Networks it says "Unable to load Network list". My Baseband is 5.12.01 and the OS is 3.1.2, Can someone explain me what to do, i am really starting to get tired with these iphones craps and thinking seriously about switching to Android, please help guy i really appreciate, thanks.

did you ever sort this out? I've had the same with 4.0 Jailbreak and Ultrasn0w

Lyshen

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
California
What does it say on the network signal area? Searching?

When I updated a 3G model to 3.1.2 from 3.0.1 it had a problem of not detecting carrier on bootup, it'd just say searching. Putting it into airplane mode and back out would make it work again, but a very strange glitch. (Baseband is 4.26.08)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.