Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kldarcemc

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Ipod touch won't turn on

Thanks for your solutions.
I held the two buttons while connected to the computer and it powered back up. My son had only had it for two weeks so we are both very happy it's working again. :)

soccerball7

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2010
My Ipod will not turn on and is stuck on the apple logo and is jailbroken. Is there any way to turn it and not lose everything by reseting it. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks so much

save my ipod!!

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2010
help me!

so my ipod went through what alot of these others went through but i left mine alone for oh id say about 3 months so then like it worked for 2 weeks but like the power button and the volume up button like merged into one, when i put the volume up it'd close and when i'd close it, it'd get louder. so then it mostly worked except that that it wnt cnnect to wi-fi and then i tried update it and still no connection to wi-fi. can some one help?

XxRudyxX

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
D:

My itouch wont turn on I put it to charge but its still just a black screen and when I turn it on the :apple: symbol comes up then it blacks out again. I already tried the holding both the power and the home buttons but still nothing. It does even show up on itunes. Can someone please help??

Ps. It's jailbroken and a 2G with 3.2 software

If you know how to help me, send me a message:
Xx_Rudy_xX@live.com

bandgeeksrule

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
My itouch wont turn on I put it to charge but its still just a black screen and when I turn it on the :apple: symbol comes up then it blacks out again. I already tried the holding both the power and the home buttons but still nothing. It doesnt even show up on itunes. Can someone please help? I dont know what jailbroken is but i don think it is, idk whether its 2g either :/ can someone give me an idea of what to do?

purplemomma

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
thaaaanks sooooo much! my itouch just all of a sudden won't turn on, good thing i read this post and it helped me a lot, i clicked on my itunes, then plugged my itouch and press the on and home button together after a few seconds the apple logo came up and it's syncing whew!!! thaaaanks!!! :) :D

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
thaaaanks sooooo much! my itouch just all of a sudden won't turn on, good thing i read this post and it helped me a lot, i clicked on my itunes, then plugged my itouch and press the on and home button together after a few seconds the apple logo came up and it's syncing whew!!! thaaaanks!!! :) :D

Run-on much? :inhale deeply:

anime6845

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
My solution

bandgeeksrule- I had the same problem.

I plugged my ipod into my computer, then held the off button and the home button together for ten seconds, the continued to hold the home button alone, until I heard my computer make a ba bing kind of sound. That's when I knew it recognized it. From there, the itunes program opened, and said I had to restore. Do that, and update it if you have to and it works fine after that.

Suheily23

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
any help pleasee

- My ipod Touch dnt want to turn on! i dnt know what happend.... i was using it and i feel asleep and next day i try to use it and it dnt turn on or charge but the problems is that the turn on/off buttom on the top is not working what can i do???????:(:confused:

Cubo

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
same here

same problem. my ipod touch died one day, so i decieded to charge it. when it was charging it turned to the apple symbol then stopped turned off, and did the same thing. i've had it for a year and a month. i have no clue what to do, its been like this for about a month now. please help.

the same thing happened to me, idk why now it turned off by itself, it aint the battery and i cant even restore it. plz somebody reply if u know what to do ive tried EVERYTHING in this page and nothing. should i contact apple ? my email is djpelco@gmail.com u may contact me there.

v2allen

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for your solutions.
I held the two buttons while connected to the computer and it powered back up. My son had only had it for two weeks so we are both very happy it's working again. :)

Your Welcome...:D

Rosediamand

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Yea!

;)
Restoring won't do anything. It will continue restarting and doing stupid stuff. This exact same thing happened to me.

MY SOLUTION: I basically let it sit for a while (a couple of days without touching it). On the third day, I turned it on, and voila, no problems. It turned on, and didn't restart. I was able to turn it off and it stayed off. I think it may have been something in the ROM that was causing this problem, possibly if you are installing too many programs through installer if your ipod is jailbroken, but who knows. Try it out and good luck.

YEA! THATLL WORK! DO THAT GUYS! Cause i had lost my ipod at my friends house. Then her mom accidentally washed it. I didnt get it back till like 2 weeks later. But when they first took it out the washer, they tried turning it on and stuff. Even blowdried it. They said it wouldnt turn it on. But when i got it back (I believe was two weeks later or earlier), I hooked it up to my computer, AND IT WORKED! AND I ONLY HAD ONE PROBLEM!!! The caps lock button on it. SO YES GUYS! DO-THAT!!Just let it sit for a while;)

Rosediamand

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Hi, I think I am going through the same problem as the one above. Ive tried all of the steps that people have suggested, but none have worked.

When I plugged in my iPod Touch v.1 into my PC and turned on iTunes. It did not find my iPod. I held in the power and home button for about 5 -10 seconds, but still nothing happened.

If anyone has or is going/been through this, please, just post what you did to resolve it. If there is not a solution, I will send it away to Apple Repair and Inspection Centre, to see what they can do.

Please Help!

------------------------------

Let it sit for a while. iIt REALLY will work. Worked for me{:

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
bandgeeksrule- I had the same problem.

I plugged my ipod into my computer, then held the off button and the home button together for ten seconds, the continued to hold the home button alone, until I heard my computer make a ba bing kind of sound. That's when I knew it recognized it. From there, the itunes program opened, and said I had to restore. Do that, and update it if you have to and it works fine after that.
Its called DFU mode. It is supposed to assist in restoring.

puertoriquenopr

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Ok so i bought my ipod touch from a friend of mine and it was jailbroken, Im not new to this because i previously had a jailbroken ipod touch. So i decided to click "erase all content and settings". It said it would take 2 hours to complete so i let it over night and i fell asleep. The next morning i wake up and it is stuck on the apple logo and loading circle. Im like ok no big deal... dfu mode or recovery mode. No matter what i do it doesnt go into these modes, it just stays on the apple logo and then after about 15 seconds, the loading circle pops up and freezes. So im pretty stuck and my pc wont recognize it at all, nothing pops up.

Never mind, decided to update my itunes to the latest update and its in recovery mode now and its detected.

branmufn3

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
you might be stuck in a DFU mode or just looped try the following a few times to see if this helps. Since you are using a PC and you might have other conditions try the following steps if this does not work PM and I will set up a web session and try to help you face to face.

Thank you,
Bryan Simonson
SemiQuasi.com

Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
Now iTunes will see it as a DFU mode iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.

I have a Mac and was attempting to figure out how to fix someone else's iPod Touch. This worked like a charm. Thank you!

cheriecoote

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2010
ipod touch wont turn on

I downgraded it to 1.1.1 and from there it started freezing and restarting and all sorts of bad stuff.
Then I upgraded it back to 1.1.4 and it kept doing it. And now it shut off and I haven't been able to turn it on.
It's not the battery because it was full.

definitely just hold the power and home button down for 10 secs wait for the ding - worked for me what a relief

juliana.simonic

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2010
help!!

My itouch will not turn on! It will show the apple on the screen then shut back off. I tried the hold the power and home button thing. Didnt work. I tried plugging it in to my computer and doing it but nothing happened. Pleassse help!

kuctonkucton201

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
My itouch will not turn on! It will show the apple on the screen then shut back off. I tried the hold the power and home button thing. Didnt work. I tried plugging it in to my computer and doing it but nothing happened. Pleassse help!

try to hold the power for a longer time.

climberboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2010
Hey guys, not to steal this thread, but my ipod (1st gen) won't turn on (I've tried the holding both buttons method and nothing happened) and when I plug it into the computer it makes the connection sound but then I get an error 43 message. My computer basically will not recognize the ipod. I've tried on multiple computers too. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bexylou

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
Cant turn ipod touch on!

I was listening to my ipod shuffle and during one song, the music just faded then turned itself off. I tried turning it back on, held the on/off and the menu button down for different intervals, plugged it into a wall charger and into my computer. It still wont turn on. When i plugged it into my computer, the computer or itunes didnt even recognise i had the ipod plugged in.
I have been reading all the useful comments on here but as i am a technophobe, i have no idea what bricking or jailbreaking or any of the other words mean. Can someone please help me to get my ipod working again as its driving me insane :(

climberboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2010
I was listening to my ipod shuffle and during one song, the music just faded then turned itself off. I tried turning it back on, held the on/off and the menu button down for different intervals, plugged it into a wall charger and into my computer. It still wont turn on. When i plugged it into my computer, the computer or itunes didnt even recognise i had the ipod plugged in.
I have been reading all the useful comments on here but as i am a technophobe, i have no idea what bricking or jailbreaking or any of the other words mean. Can someone please help me to get my ipod working again as its driving me insane :(

That's kind of what my problem is. My computer won't recognize it. I've deleted and reloaded itunes too to see if the drivers would reload, but that didn't do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.