Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdegenhardt

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Thank you. I am new to managing movies in ITunes

I see the discussion going on about where to get high quality movie poster artwork.

My question is:

Once you get the artwork, how do you get it attached to your movie (.mp4 file) in the Itunes database. I'm looking everywhere and can't see how to do it. There are settings for music album artwork but I can't find the same for the movies.

Any help would be appreciated

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Thank you. I am new to managing movies in ITunes

I see the discussion going on about where to get high quality movie poster artwork.

My question is:

Once you get the artwork, how do you get it attached to your movie (.mp4 file) in the Itunes database. I'm looking everywhere and can't see how to do it. There are settings for music album artwork but I can't find the same for the movies.

Any help would be appreciated

if you're just adding the artwork, just select the movie, get info and then paste the artwork into the artwork tab. if you want to tag other fields, i use metax.

gdegenhardt

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
I was looking for a Get Info type option but didn't find it.

Now that I know what I'm looking for I'm sure I'll find it

Thanks

Dodgeroo

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
I've added artwork for a movie I ripped from the DVD, and it shows up in itunes.

But on the Apple TV 2 it still shows the original thumbnail from the ripped .m4v. I've tried both .jpg and .png for the artwork.

Anyone know why this is?

bbtrinet

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I've added artwork for a movie I ripped from the DVD, and it shows up in itunes.

But on the Apple TV 2 it still shows the original thumbnail from the ripped .m4v. I've tried both .jpg and .png for the artwork.

Anyone know why this is?

From my experience, if you add artwork in iTunes AFTER having gone through the Apple TV 2 menu and seeing the old artwork (or thumbnail), the Apple TV 2 will remember the old artwork and never show the new one.

The only workaround I know is to go to Settings on the Apple TV and reset it. This is annoying, and means you'll have to set up your network, Netflix, iTunes ID, etc. all over again.

If anyone knows something easier, let me know.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Well I guess you could remove the movie from itunes and then add it back. Anything to force a refresh of the cache of that movie. It would be nice if there was some type of refresh button.

ibglowin

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2005
For anything that is a High Def rip I have been getting artwork from Blu-ray.com

Find your movie, click on it and then click on the "Large:Front" link.

They have huge high quality BD case artwork posted on most things (not all).

sethowar

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
I know that this is an old thread... Just putting information here incase anyone gets directed here like I did and finds that some of the links are not working or not as good as other resources.

I use these two to get my artworks:
http://www.valkae.blogspot.ca
http://www.movie-poster-artwork-finder.com - the search sucks on this one so run the search then use cmd+f to search the results.

Both give High Quality iTunes Artworks.
If I can't get one from there (or I don't like the iTunes ones) I just go to google images. Sometimes Amazon as well except they usually have to many badges on their covers

Last edited:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
u can just get the url from the itunes store and change the # at the end of the url to get the original itunes art in hq ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.