Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bristleworm

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Germany
Good question.
My first idea was, that as most users with two screens have them aligned horizontally next to each other, MC could simply be "extended" to the two screens, or just show up on the main screen, and show something like "the last active screen" on the other one…

Sammio2

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, its interesting.

I mean, as far as displaying it, they could do what they currently do with expose, and treat each screen separately, but they seem to be taking the idea of gestural controls as a separate input to the mouse cursor.

So it seems like although they could treat it separately and simply activate the gestures from whichever screen the cursor was currently on. I don't think they want to do this. They seem to be tying these gestures into the core OS rather than having them as an attchment to the pointer.

I'll be interested to see how they get around this issue. And also, I really REALLY hope they introduce a dual screen menu bar system!!

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
Yeah, its interesting.

I mean, as far as displaying it, they could do what they currently do with expose, and treat each screen separately, but they seem to be taking the idea of gestural controls as a separate input to the mouse cursor.

So it seems like although they could treat it separately and simply activate the gestures from whichever screen the cursor was currently on. I don't think they want to do this. They seem to be tying these gestures into the core OS rather than having them as an attchment to the pointer.

I'll be interested to see how they get around this issue. And also, I really REALLY hope they introduce a dual screen menu bar system!!

Nope nope-Dual screen menubar would be bad. ... Are you going to suggest dual docks for dual screens next? :eek:

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
I really REALLY hope they introduce a dual screen menu bar system!!

Have you tried SecondBar?

foto.jpg

lythium

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
IL
I envision it working the same way expose does now. Only on the main screen. Everything else gets darkened.

I just hope they find a better name before release. "Mission Control" sounds too... "space adventure boy".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.