Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JLS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
Kent, England
Here it is..

wipod.gif

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Woah

Amazing find

Amazing

Wow

Did i mention: wow

I'm thinking iPod -> Airport Express -> Hifi = legal in UK too (iTrip is illegal in UK cos of transmitting on FM bands)

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
so that application was made on thursday!? so how soon do you think we mght see this implimented in an iPod? Or will it even make it into the iPod? Not every patent makes it into production but this seems like something that Apple would want to include.

How did you get a hold of this?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
stevehaslip said:
so that application was made on thursday!? so how soon do you think we mght see this implimented in an iPod? Or will it even make it into the iPod? Not every patent makes it into production but this seems like something that Apple would want to include.

How did you get a hold of this?

well, if you followed the link i posted it takes you the US patent site, that might be a clue.

xgsrpg

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2004
Did anyone notice that it's the old iPod design (with buttons around the scroll wheel) design in the pic?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
xgsrpg said:
Did anyone notice that it's the old iPod design (with buttons around the scroll wheel) design in the pic?

Remember the patent lag time... it was filed in April, who knows how long it was being discussed before then.... It was probably the current iPod when the engineers started playing with it. ;)

I for one hope it comes with the curly antenna. :p

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
superbovine said:
well, if you followed the link i posted it takes you the US patent site, that might be a clue.

ha ha . . .

my point was that i didn't know that this information was openly available, i had no idea that you could just find it on the internet. But then again what isn't on the internet? "Its everything in the history of the world ever" as Dave Gorman would say!

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
NB: Filed April 25, 2003, so the iMac, iPod and PB diagrams might not be relevant, but interesting ideas on the smaller handhelds - 404A, 404B and 404C. Perhaps some early ideas on a flash-sized machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.