Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baldhogg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
My iphone has frozen at "slide to unlock" I have tried absolutely everything and nothing is working! The phone still rings, I just can't answer it, I still receive texts, I just can't open them. Does anybody know what to do????

baldhogg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I tried that, it didn't work. Any other suggestions? It's almost like the touch screen isn't working, it is not responding to touch at all. It is just staying on the "slide to unlock" screen. I can't even get on to the home screen

baldhogg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
When you say "it didn't work" - what happens?

Did it reboot and then continue to manifest the same problem? Or did it fail to reboot?

I have rebooted it several times, but when it comes back up from the reboot, the screen does not respond to my touches still

baldhogg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
not too sure what to do from here, I am pretty sure I have tried everything

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
not too sure what to do from here, I am pretty sure I have tried everything

well dont restore it that is not your problem. if the full reboot does not work your touchscreen may have went out. do you have another phone that you can switch the screen/lcd assembly over to see if it works? do you have the skill to open the phone carefully and make sure it is plugged in correctly? these things can be tricky and you can do damage if you dont know how to and dont do it correctly. I tried to pm you but you dont seem to have that option.

baldhogg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
well dont restore it that is not your problem. if the full reboot does not work your touchscreen may have went out. do you have another phone that you can switch the screen/lcd assembly over to see if it works? do you have the skill to open the phone carefully and make sure it is plugged in correctly? these things can be tricky and you can do damage if you dont know how to and dont do it correctly. I tried to pm you but you dont seem to have that option.

Would the lcd be only in a touch screen phone? Yes I know how to take the screen off and make sure the lcd is in place I have seen people do it before but am afraid of messing up.

PaHtSaN

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2010
Do you know what I need to do so you can pm me?

Your touch screen is for sure the problem. Is the phone still under warranty? If so you can call apple and they can send you a replacement if you don't have any apple stores around that is.

If youre not under warranty, like chargeit said, you can very very carefully open the phone up and see if something came loose. Worst case senario, you can always buy a new LCD screen, preferably attached to a top glass, and switch it out. If you don't know how to do it yourself and don't want to risk screwing something up, pay someone who does it for a living.

PastorBillyP

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2016
My iphone has frozen at "slide to unlock" I have tried absolutely everything and nothing is working! The phone still rings, I just can't answer it, I still receive texts, I just can't open them. Does anybody know what to do????
[doublepost=1463533608][/doublepost]I was having and still have the same issue. Tried the resetting thing and nothing. But, what worked for me is I grabbed the bottom and top of the phone and twisted it to the left then to the right, just a bit I mean very little and then popped the top of it and it works. I know it sounds crazy, I mean really stupid but it works every time it locks up. Understand I don't twist it to break it, just a little twist and it got me going. Try it
[doublepost=1463534109][/doublepost]
Hey buddy,

I was wondering if you were able to solve this problem ? I am facing similar problem in my new iphone 6.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/27714677#27714677

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
[doublepost=1463534155][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1463533608][/doublepost]I was having and still have the same issue. Tried the resetting thing and nothing. But, what worked for me is I grabbed the bottom and top of the phone and twisted it to the left then to the right, just a bit I mean very little and then popped the top of it and it works. I know it sounds crazy, I mean really stupid but it works every time it locks up. Understand I don't twist it to break it, just a little twist and it got me going. Try it

[doublepost=1463534109][/doublepost]

I was having and still have the same issue. Tried the resetting thing and nothing. But, what worked for me is I grabbed the bottom and top of the phone and twisted it to the left then to the right, just a bit I mean very little and then popped the top of it and it works. I know it sounds crazy, I mean really stupid but it works every time it locks up. Understand I don't twist it to break it, just a little twist and it got me going. Try it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.