Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Here are some Angry Birds Ringtones and SMS ringtones in Mp3 format that you can use as ringtones on your iPhone

Not sure where these should be posted so i'll stick them here.If a Mod wants to move them then be my guest.

Enjoy :)

Thanks to Phat Trance @ DailyMobile for the heads up on these.

Attachments

• Ringtones.zip
    760.2 KB · Views: 35,733
  • Notifications.zip
    715.1 KB · Views: 30,979

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Pardon my ignorance, but how do we add them? When I import them into iTunes, they just come up as new music.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Pardon my ignorance, but how do we add them? When I import them into iTunes, they just come up as new music.

Open them with iRinger and then import to itunes and they'll show up in Ringtones, thats how i add tones.

http://www.iringer.net/

Not sure how to add the sms tones yet though.

Just been told the only way to install one of these as an alert is to replace one of the default alerts.So in other words you need to be JB if you want one of these SMS/TEXT alerts to work....shame.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Yup. Phone needs to be JB'd (I believe) and you have to replace one of the default SMS sounds with one of your own. You also have to name it as the default file name, i.e. "sms-receivedX", and then you can use that sound. There is apparently some file called sound strings where you can change the name of the SMS tone as it appears on your phone but I haven't been able to locate that just yet :(

EDIT: I found it :D

For those of you JB'd and preferably with iFile, you need to edit the sounds.string file located here "/private/var/Applications/Preferences.app/English.lproj"

You can edit the name of the SMS tone as it appears on your phone instead of having the default names used. Hope this helps.

angrybirds365

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
great collection dear Grayburn, guess what's my iphone ringtone :D never thought to add an sms alert though!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.