Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I loved the intro and the tron sections, a bit on the long side though.

Did you make this? If so I have some questions to ask about the methods used.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Thats some well done vectorization, though i would have liked the actual unit colors, and I don't think the take apart works. Awesome job though.

iBook

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
Way cool

Very nice job of the animation. Good music selection, too.

It is a mystery why Apple doesn't drive more advertising from it's user base. I'm sure there would be a way to address the legal issues inherent with this type of creative work.

And given the passion Apple users have for the company and the talent they bring to their work, the relationship is a natural. Apple has a community of PR and ad agencies at its fingertips.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
This brings to mind some interesting facts. I love the iPod campaign that Apple has developed. It is 100% successful, and has placed the iPod in one of the few near-universally recognized icons.

However, this kind of initiative makes it very obvious what kind of visual campaigns Apple could be running. It's kind of depressing, actually.

Anyhow, this guy did excellent work! I love it!

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
That's a fantastic commerical. Who created this? The only thing I feel is missing from it is the "human," element you get in the real iPod commerical - people interacting with the iPod itself - otherwise I think it's superb and should be a great portfolio piece.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Truely awesome.
The takeapart doesn't fit in though, I agree. The intro, was very good, and the ending was spectacular.

georgemasters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
Feeback

Thanks for the compliments and constructive criticism. It's all appreciated. I agree the break apart could be stronger. It took me about 4 months of "free" time (of which I have very little) to make it.

-George M

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
i agree. great job. there are two parts that don't jive with me, those being the aforementioned take-apart and the extended kaleidoscope at the end. though they're both visually splendid, they seem disconnected to the themes of motion and flow.

i feel that using the kaleidoscope misses an opportunity for a sharp ending. the float of the last ipod mini works so well. watching it, i could see the racing minis wipe across and drop your closing title.

excellent work.

georgemasters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
Tiny Machine

The song has been out of print for some time. I've been telling people to try ebay.

-George M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.