Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I saw a strap for the back of your iPad somewhere, and now I can't find it. It wasn't a case with a strap for your hand, it was just the strap. It was like an elastic X that held onto your iPad in the four corners and you could put your hand under it to hold your iPad. I could be thinking wrong, but I want to say it had brown maybe leather pockets for the four corners and just black elastic in between. Anyway, I tried Google, I tried Mroogld, I've looked all over and can't seem to find it again. I'm looking for some help finding it, or something similar. I don't like a case, but something like what I'm describing to help hold onto my iPad when walking around with it. Thanks for any help.

pm41m

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Wow, major corner coverage on the screen side (click pictures/photos to see the front view).

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
As you can see by hold old this thread is(I know:D), I have wanted a hand strap for some time now. I ordered a Padlette from Amazon, and it worked fine, but it covered up a ton of the screen. I decided to order the X-band instead and it just came today. I really wish I didn't wait so long. This makes the ipad so much nicer/easier to hold on to. It's much more comfortable, no more sore thumb from holding it up, and it feels so much more secure. I just wish I could keep the smart cover and the x-band on at the same time.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
Just to be clear you Can Not have the smart cover on and use either of these straps?
Pretty price for just a strap. Could be an opportunity fo someone to develop.
The rear hand strap is a great idea,

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Just to be clear you Can Not have the smart cover on and use either of these straps?
Pretty price for just a strap. Could be an opportunity fo someone to develop.
The rear hand strap is a great idea,

No, the smart cover won't work. I agree that this is a downside. If someone combined the 2 features would be awesome.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Have you checked out this strap ???

http://www.padlette.com/

Yeah, I hated it. When you put it on it covers way too much of the screen. If you try to put it on without covering the screen the back doesn't sit against the ipad, it sticks way out. I should have taken a pic since its hard to explain. Anyway, the padlette was returned right away.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
Here is a brand new option for a strap case.
ModulR Case + Hand Strap, Head Rest Strap, Shoulder Strap Pro, and Slim Wall Mount for iPad 2
Tap to enlarge

4b267ddf-9f64-00f9.jpg

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Here ya go the hand holder

http://www.handeholder.com/.

Anyone here have the handeholder? I'd like to try it, but I emailed the company and never got a response which makes my not want to buy anything from them.

I really want something that I can use with my smart cover, and I'd like to keep my Leatherskin on as well. I don't know what he stick on piece for the handeholder might do to the Leatherskin?

Anyway, I'm looking for options I can use with my smart cover if anyone has any.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
OLD post. I know:(. But, I just got a iPad Air after using a mini for a couple years. I loved having the X-Band, but with the narrow bezels it gets too loosely. And a lot of these aren't available anymore. Any good options like these for the Air 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.