Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Hi !

Bought my iphone 4 black 32 gb on early october from someone in my town ( it was brand new in shrink wrap). ( Model MC605C )

As soon as i opened the box i tryed it with my rogers micro sim card ( it said SIM not supported), then i jailbroke it using limera1n final.

Everything works fine with it but since the unlock is not out yet i never used it with a sim card ( tryed rogers and bell, both were not working).

I think i know to which carrier its locked to ( telus) but when i got into settings general and about, its written Carrier: Not available.

Why ?
________
An1x

Last edited:

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
That's what it does when there is no sim in. It won't tell u what carrier it's locked to. Trial and error.

My rogers micro sim card is currently in it and still says
carrier: not available.

I think ( pretty sure) its locked to Telus, i tried my friend's telus micro sim card and it did not work either.
________
Chrysler n platform specifications

Last edited:

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Yep, it won't recognize any other sims but the sims of the company it's locked to.

When the unlock will be released, will it fix that problem or i'll have to restore and activate with an official sim and then unlock the iphone XD
________
Xjs

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.