Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deliciousss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Okay, well this problem recently developed probably within the last three months. Occasionally, while using my macbook pro my cursor will begin to make slight movements on its own. However, sometimes the movements are larger and can involve the cursor clicking and remaining 'clicked' on something. I have googled the issue and searched all around but I am led to either a windows forum or something that just doesn't help me.

Attached to my macbook is a wireless logitech keyboard, and a Razer Copperhead mouse. Prior to the copperhead I had a logitech mx518 but the problem still remained. I do not know what causes my cursor to move on its own and the issue does seem to occur when the mouse is unplugged as well. There is no dust or particles interfering with the optical sensor on the mouse and I am using a standard, clean, cloth pad. I just want to know what to do to correct this issue.

Anything helps

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
Could you be hitting the trackpad? System Preferences -> Trackpad -> Ignore accidental trackpad input.
Or System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Mouse & Trackpad -> Ignore trackpad when mouse is present.

deliciousss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Are there any other possible things it could be? When I use my mouse I don't touch the trackpad so I'm a little confused

Edge 540

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2009
Pram

Im having the same problem. For some reason resetting the pram seems to have alleviated it at least temporarily. Try rebooting while holding P and R and see if that helps.

jdavtz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2005
Kenya
How often does it happen? Can you try without the wireless keyboard and mouse to see if it still happens? What about with a new user account?

charliec71

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2010
hi - was there a solution for this problem? I have the same problem with the mouse cursor suddenly jumping around, clicking and right clicking to open up things or create new blank folders on the desktop.

I have a Macbookpro running Mac OS X 10.6.4 and it just started. I connect a Mac Bluetooth Mouse but problem still occurs when I disconnect the mouse.

I read somewhere about reinstalling the mouse drivers - any ideas on how to do this and if this is worth doing?

Need some help urgently please!!

Milden

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2010
This problem just occurred with me and I give the track pad on the laptop a clean with screen cleaner on a tissue. Worked a treat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.