Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Anyone know if/when will open up a developer seed of Lion? I'm a paid developer and I work in IT so I would like to test it as much as possible before we get it for work.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
We don't know, but we can presume, it will happen before WWDC if a summer 2011 release is to be trusted. Maybe in January?

Total guess, but I would imagine at the event that is normally held towards the end of January.

Must think before posting!

larkost

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Total guess, but I would imagine at the event that is normally held towards the end of January.

Apple no longer participates in Macworld, and has not for a couple of years now. Reversing this would be a huge change, and we would have likely have heard about that already.

When they dropped the conference they talked about how they wanted to be in control of the timing and venue for announcements, rather than being locked into the timing and locations that IDG (the company behind Macworld... both the conference and the magazine) chose.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm thinking spring sometime. I believe January 2011, is a bit too early for apple to have the beta ready for developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.