Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
Get the remote app for ATV. Supposed to be able to transfer photos an videos between macs, pc and iPad. Just downloaded it myself but haven't tried it yet. I couldn't find it in the app store so goto apples web site, the atv, toward the bottom, there will be a link.

Cinab1mt

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
I believe you can with Plex, you might have to set it up once, but after that it should be ok.

ash06

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
Yes, use Plex, works great on both iPad & iPhone 4 :)
It will stream your entire iPhoto library for display on your iPad on demand.
You can even stream . avi, .mkv files from folders that you point it to. Works well :)

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Original poster
Thanks. I already had Zumocast and added the iPhoto library and it works nicely. I have Plex on my mini and I downloaded the app but the interface is wanting and it doesn't show avi's that are in iPhoto. I'll stick with Zumocast.

Sophie424

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
@flopticalcube - how did you add the iPhoto library to Zumocast?

The best I was able to come up with was to navigate by hand to the Data folder within the iPhoto library package, and then browse the pictures as files, by folder. Not as enjoyable as seeing my iPhoto albums, play with music, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.