Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karohan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I have Google Chrome installed as my primary browser and for a good while, flash was really stable and didn't really crash. Now, ever since it was updated to Chrome 7 and beyond, Flash keeps crashing pretty consistently and its extremely frustrating. I have so many windows open, that restarting the browser each time is an enormous hassle.

I don't really want to have to use another browser, so is there a way I can handle a flash plugin crasher more easily on Chrome? Reloading the page doesn't work. Is there an issue occurring with Chrome having an in-built plugin and me already installing another plugin?

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Did you try updating to the latest version of Flash too? I have no issues with Flash in Chrome.

Unlike Safari/Firefox, Chrome has an integrated Flash Player plugin (type about: plugins in the omnibar to see it). You can try disabling it so that Chrome uses the same one that Safari/Firefox does and see if that is what is causing the problem.

It is possible that an extension you have installed may be causing the problem too, so you could try disabling them.

techpr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
San Juan, PR
I have Google Chrome installed as my primary browser and for a good while, flash was really stable and didn't really crash. Now, ever since it was updated to Chrome 7 and beyond, Flash keeps crashing pretty consistently and its extremely frustrating. I have so many windows open, that restarting the browser each time is an enormous hassle.

I don't really want to have to use another browser, so is there a way I can handle a flash plugin crasher more easily on Chrome? Reloading the page doesn't work. Is there an issue occurring with Chrome having an in-built plugin and me already installing another plugin?

Are you using Chrome Beta or Dev?

Use the Stable release with FlashBlock Extention. Soon on Chrome 8 Stable the native Click to Play option.

karohan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for the replies!

I was using the stable, then I went to the beta, but now I'm back at the stable. How do I disable one of the Flash files? The option to disable in about:plugins only disables both, not just one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.