Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
ok so i just downloaded shiira (the web browser) source code like to open it in xcode so when i opened it with xcode and hit build and go i got a bunch of errors so what should i change to the code to make it run with out any errors, also how can i add it to my simple browser to play around with it a little?

-Thanks

Sykte

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
ok so i just downloaded shiira (the web browser) source code like to open it in xcode so when i opened it with xcode and hit build and go i got a bunch of errors so what should i change to the code to make it run with out any errors, also how can i add it to my simple browser to play around with it a little?

-Thanks

Shaking the magic 8 ball tells you "please post errors, so we may help".

More than likely the project is set to an older SDK.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Then what?

Thanks (I'm not the original poster). Once the compile errors get ironed out, how does he incorporate the downloaded code with his other (existing code)?

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
That's almost certainly going to be very hard for a beginner to do (or perhaps even an experienced programmer). Essentially you'll have to understand how each piece of Shiira that you want to use interacts with other pieces, then duplicate those interactions in your code or change it to expect different ones.

MrJC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Shaking the magic 8 ball tells you "please post errors, so we may help".

i just copied and pasted all of it and i get 891 errors most of them say "no suck file" or file wasn't found and stuff like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.