Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Limited Luck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Hey, today my iPod Touch stopped playing music through the external speaker. When I try and turn up the volume it says 'Headphones' even though I don't have any plugged in and I can't hear anything. When I plug me headphones in though I can hear the sounds and all, but take them out and silence. Any help please?!

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
Restart the iPod and then just put the headphones in and out until it plays through the external. happened to me a few weeks ago with my iPhone and thats what I did. Hope it works out for you.

Limited Luck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
I played a song and tried unplugging the headphones and plugging them back in about 10(ish) times but that hasn't worked and I've just restarted it, still not working :'( Thank you though.

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
Is there any like loss bits stuck in the headphone jack? Something that would connect the metal that would think theres headphones in. How old is the iPod?

Limited Luck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
It's about a week old and I had a light incident with some Coca Cola, although as far as I know none of it went inside it :(

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
Dam thats not good :( I would suggest drying it though if any liquid was near it, that could be the problem. You could try to take it back to the place you bought it from and see if they'd exchange it but maybe give it a day or two to see what happens. All the best though for it to work.

phlufster

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2010
Q-Tip

I had this happen with my iPhone after being splashed with soda. I was able to fix it by taking a Q-tip and pulling most of the cotton off and then sticking it in there to dry it. After, I took the other end and pulled the cotton off and dipped in it alcohol and stuck it in again. Then I dried it with another Q-tip. It has worked perfect since then.

koobpheej

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2010
Dragging in Itunes 10

I need help, i have the files (m4r) and 30 seconds and less. When I try to drag it in Itunes 10, it wouldn't appear... help? thanks!

Alison3521

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
I accidentally dropped my iPod in the toliet what do I do the iPod works but it says that their is headphones plugged in when they aren't and I took a q-tip and cleaned it out and put headphones in and out but it won't work and it only works of there Is headphones plugged in

Joey of glass

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2013
Mine does the same as every one else's I'm just gonna let it dry over night. And just to say how strong iPods are mine got stepped on and survived.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.