Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
Has anyone purchased this yet?
I'm after something that will display different statusbar icons for different messenger apps...
At the moment with notifier I can only have the msn style statusbar icon for all IM apps and facebook etc, it would be ideal if I could have different icons, eg one for Beejive, one for Facebook, etc

Just wondered if this feature has been added to Notifier+ before I purchase?

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
this is a really tough call for me.

i use lockinfo but only for status bar notifications and lockscreen weather.

Notifier+ will add, easier to recognize from a distance icons on your lockscreen of missed items. lockinfo doest offer that. I would suspect that notifier also has a much lighter footprint in memory and within iOS.

i was thinking of running both but then whats the point of having all the overhead of lockinfo to just have a weather readout on lockscreen...

id love to hear from anyone whos got Notifier+ as well

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
Notifier+ is just way to simply provide alert icons of missed events. I think for those who can forgo the whole notification "system" and would just be satisfied with status bar alerts and lock screen alert icons.

iPhone Addict

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I bought Notifier+ and I love it. It does exactly what I need it to do and it does it well.

All I want from it is:

1) Status Bar notification icons
2) Repeating audio/vibrate alerts until I check the email/SMS/missed call/voicemail/IM/etc
3) Ability to customize how many times and how often those repeat alerts happen.

To my knowledge, there isn't anything else available that can do this.

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
I bought Notifier+ and I love it. It does exactly what I need it to do and it does it well.

All I want from it is:

1) Status Bar notification icons
2) Repeating audio/vibrate alerts until I check the email/SMS/missed call/voicemail/IM/etc
3) Ability to customize how many times and how often those repeat alerts happen.

To my knowledge, there isn't anything else available that can do this.

Could you advise if it allows different status bar icons for different IM applications or if they all use the MSN style icon?

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I have not tried phone or anything else but with email here is what you get. you can only touch the mail icon and it opens up the mail program. so it bypasses the lockscreen preview and all.

photo-5.png

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
im in! :)
will report back if there are any issues thanks for the screen shot!

looks like you disabled lockinfo's status bar notifications and overlapping features...

Showtime3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
I have not tried phone or anything else but with email here is what you get. you can only touch the mail icon and it opens up the mail program. so it bypasses the lockscreen preview and all.

photo-5.png
redundant

i like the little notifications from lockscreen info. its subtle and gets the job done. if i had that mail notification in the middle of my screen, i would check my mail just so it wasnt hanging in my face

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
redundant

i like the little notifications from lockscreen info. its subtle and gets the job done. if i had that mail notification in the middle of my screen, i would check my mail just so it wasnt hanging in my face
i keep my phone at an arms lengh its easier to see these from a distance than the tiny ones up top while driving (stopped of course)

that said, you can customize it to show smaller icons, and lower them down the screen

Showtime3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
i keep my phone at an arms lengh its easier to see these from a distance than the tiny ones up top while driving (stopped of course)

that said, you can customize it to show smaller icons, and lower them down the screen

my point is that it would annoy me if i had huge notifications in the middle of my lock screen.

if you cant see icons when you phone is at arms reach, you need glasses. ontop of that, if you cant see the icon, you wont be able to read the message until you shove the phone in your face.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
Love this app... This is a feature that has been lacking on iPhone since the beginning. It's indispensable and I can't believe it's taken this long.

I don't use the lockscreen icons, they are redundant and in the way. I am only using the repeat notification feature, which is a glaring omission by Apple.

Great app!!!

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
@ showtime
Relax brother,
I'm just sayin, I can differentiate easier at a glance and distance what's been missed than guessing what itty bitty icon is up in the status bar. Especially while the phone is say in the cup holder of my either of my cars.

And no, I don't wear glasses or need them.

f54fca68.jpg

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Great app. I used to use Lockinfo but this is a lot cleaner looking and doesn't take up too much real estate on the lockscreen. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between this and Notified Pro but, for my tastes, this app does the trick.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
I have lockinfo and toneFXs along with this notifier+.

I cannot get the reminders to work at all....i think its most likely a conflict with toneFXs.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
I removed tonefxs and also removed lockinfo.....still cannot get damn notifier+ to REMIND me at all....

icons working fine,but no reminder sounds whatsoever.

anyone think it could be slantedlock causing conflict?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.