Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Hello All,

My unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and Modem Firmware 05.12.01 has been giving trouble with No Service signals back and forth, so I tried restoring it with iTunes 9.2 on my Mac. My objective was to restore it with a previous iphone 3GS OS version, and then re-jailbreak and do the whole process. However, somewhere in the middle of the restoring process, I got a window prompt suggesting since my iPhone is hacked into already, I cannot restore it.

Any solutions on how I can go around this wall? My iPhone has been acting sketchy lately. I get service signal bars, but sometimes I cant make phone calls, check voice mail or send txts. I would like this problem fixed. Thanks!

Moe

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Do you have your SHSH blobs saved? If yes, use the blob via tiny umbrella to install the corresponding iOS (eg, 4.0.1 blob for 4.0.1 software). If not, you won't be able to stay at your current iOS. You'll have to go to 4.1 and there's no unlock. 3GS requires authentication by apple, which the blobs can bypass.
Do you have a Mac? If yes, you can use Pwnage tool and create a custom ipsw. You can have 4.1 and still unlock.

If it's no to both, sorry Charlie, you're screwed (and not in the good way).
Start saving your blobs by d/l tiny umbrella. It won't help now, but it'll save you in the future.

iMoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
I do have a Mac. I did create a custom iOS 3.01 ipsw using Pwnage tool and tried to restore it using iTunes 9.2 and thats when I hit the brick wall. So you're saying I can have a iOS 4.1 on my 3GS and have it unlocked/jailbroken using Pwnage Tool?

How do I save my SHSH blobs? I've been encountering this SHSH stuff for a while, but I have no idea how to get it done. My Cydia does show me it has some stuff regarding iOS 4.1 or something on the top, but it doesn't show my SHSH is saved. Can you please help me out with it? Is there a proper tutorial on it? I been struggling finding a decent instructions over the internet.

How screwed I am still? Is there hope?

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Go to iclarified. There are instructions on using Pwnage with 4.1 and you can keep your unlock.
For blobs, d/l tiny umbrella onto your computer. If you had chosen yes when Cydia asked to make your life easier, you might be in luck.

I do have a Mac. I did create a custom iOS 3.01 ipsw using Pwnage tool and tried to restore it using iTunes 9.2 and thats when I hit the brick wall. So you're saying I can have a iOS 4.1 on my 3GS and have it unlocked/jailbroken using Pwnage Tool?

How do I save my SHSH blobs? I've been encountering this SHSH stuff for a while, but I have no idea how to get it done. My Cydia does show me it has some stuff regarding iOS 4.1 or something on the top, but it doesn't show my SHSH is saved. Can you please help me out with it? Is there a proper tutorial on it? I been struggling finding a decent instructions over the internet.

How screwed I am still? Is there hope?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.