Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rick66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
My previous iPod works perfectly fine - but, I want the new gen one with facetime.

Is it worth it ?

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
if its the facetime that you would be getting it for, I would say its worth it if you have other friends with iphone 4s or ipod touch 4g. if theres not many people that have these, then you won't be able to use the facetime feature.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
if its the facetime that you would be getting it for, I would say its worth it if you have other friends with iphone 4s or ipod touch 4g or Mac running OS 10.6. if theres not many people that have these, then you won't be able to use the facetime feature.

Fixed that.

FixYouriTunes

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
I would go with the classic. I've got facetime on my iPhone and never use it. Although I haven't tried too hard!

The classic has so much space that It's worth it to me to have more music options versus facetime when an iPod is all about tunes and nothing else.

Tempto

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2010
Probably should have posted this in the iPod Touch section. :p

Anyway, if you really think you are going to use/need Facetime that much then go for it. Other than that, it is also fancy with all the touch going on! Otherwise, keep your current one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.