Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

123921-itunes_connect_xmas_2010_closed.jpg

Apple yesterday notified members of its iOS Developer Program that the company will be shutting down the iTunes Connect interface for the App Store over Christmas, preventing developers from accessing their app listings and scheduling releases during the December 23-28 window.
iTunes Connect will be temporarily unavailable from Thursday, December 23 through Tuesday, December 28 for the winter holidays. iTunes Connect access will be back online for use on December 29. If you choose to set an available date for your app to go live during the scheduled holiday shutdown, your app will not go live on the App Store until iTunes Connect resumes for business on December 29. Please plan your releases accordingly.
Apple's graphic states that iTunes Connect will reopen on the 28th, while the text of the announcement pegs the reopening as set for the 29th, and thus it is not exactly clear when developers will regain access to their app listings.

A report from late last month had indicated that a similar shutdown would occur over the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday weekend in late November, but with Apple making no mention of such a shutdown in its Christmas notification, that does not appear to be the case.

Apple offered a similar shutdown of iTunes Connect around Christmas last year.

Article Link: iTunes Connect to Shutter Over Christmas, Apparently Still Open Over Thanksgiving

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
I expected the end of the year break.

When I heard the rumor about Thanksgiving, I was taken aback. With iOS 4.2 launching soon, and getting new features and bug fixes out to support the new OS, it would be rough on end-users and developers to take that week off.

I'm glad we'll still have access across Thanksgiving.

Corbin052198

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

skeep5 said:
makes sense, considering the bog of traffic they'd want to control

Yeah, I think Angry Birds Christmas would blow the roof off their Mac Minis :D

Vizin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
I believe you mean: to shut, not shutter? :D

Actually, the word shutter is sometimes used to mean "to shut down"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shutter - definition #7

I first experienced this last year. It's really annoying not being able to access sales reports or edit prices during that period. It's all automated. It seems pretty unprofessional to me. Just have a skeleton crew on call in case of failure.

wrmoody

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Email that I just got about iTunes Connect Closing.

Dear ,
iTunes Connect will be temporarily shut down from Thursday, December 23 to Tuesday, December 28 for the winter holidays. Access will resume on Friday, December 29.
During this shutdown, iTunes Connect will be unavailable. In addition, app releases and pricing changes which are scheduled to take place during the shutdown will be handled as follows:
• All releases will not appear in the App Store until Friday, December 29. This includes apps scheduled to appear on the App Store for the first time as well as updates to existing apps.
• Pricing changes will cause the app to become unavailable for purchase until Friday, December 29, at which point the app will become available at the new price. Please check to ensure you have not scheduled any price changes during this time.
Regards,
The iTunes Connect Team

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.