Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Looking to replace my Belkin n+ router. Still having intermittent wifi issues not connecting to the internet after sleeping. Any good recommendations?

jay.w

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
Looking to replace my Belkin n+ router. Still having intermittent wifi issues not connecting to the internet after sleeping. Any good recommendations?

FWIW I'm quite happy with Apple's Airport Extreme...

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

I have both the extreme and express and I am very pleased with them. Never any problems. If your not connecting an external hard drive and have less than 10 things that will connect to the router I highly recommend the airport express. Anything else the extreme even though it's a little pricey.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I had my friend's Airport Extreme on my network a few weeks back to try out. It worked well but the wifi coverage was less than my old belkin n+

But I wouldn't mind getting one if it runs will with the iPhone.

jay.w

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
I had my friend's Airport Extreme on my network a few weeks back to try out. It worked well but the wifi coverage was less than my old belkin n+

But I wouldn't mind getting one if it runs will with the iPhone.

That's interesting. I've never had any problems with range, and both my routers (I have a 2.4 and 5.8) are in the basement.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
That's interesting. I've never had any problems with range, and both my routers (I have a 2.4 and 5.8) are in the basement.

Interesting. And I've checked to ensure there's no 2.4ghz interference. Mine is in a 2nd floor office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.