Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mabedan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
when i wanna buy or download an app, i just get error 1009 all the time, what's the problem? anyone else has this problem?

sood

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
same here

I'm having the same problem in itunes. Haven't updated the iphone to 2.0 yet (waiting for pwnage) cuz I'm in a non-iphone country. I do have a US itunes account though, so that can't be it...can it? They haven't started tracking ip addresses on itunes and stopping foreign downloads now have they??? Little help anyone? please? :confused:

I sure hope it at least works on the iphone appstore when I update the firmware.

masoud90

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
CANT Download Apps!

Hi. I'm having the same exact problem. I have an iPod Touch+a Windows Vista computer. I do have iTunes 7.7. I have never had any problems buying anything from iTunes, but since I updated my iPod to the 2.0 software, it is not letting me download any apps and keeps saying cannot process the request, error code 1009. What does this mean? What am I doing wrong? I want to buy some apps and it is not letting me. It gives me the same problem on the app store application on the iPod Touch also. Help please!

sood

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
Hi. I'm having the same exact problem. I have an iPod Touch+a Windows Vista computer. I do have iTunes 7.7. I have never had any problems buying anything from iTunes, but since I updated my iPod to the 2.0 software, it is not letting me download any apps and keeps saying cannot process the request, error code 1009. What does this mean? What am I doing wrong? I want to buy some apps and it is not letting me. It gives me the same problem on the app store application on the iPod Touch also. Help please!

Oh no! You're getting the error on your itouch too?? That's what I was afraid of. Out of curiosity, are you guys in one of appstore/iphone supported countries? I'm trying to figure out if that has something to do with this.

masoud90

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
well I am an American, but I'm on vacation in Iran...My credit card information is all american, so is my address...I tested my ipod and the itunes store again today and I bought 2 songs to see if it has anything to do with my location, and it downloaded perfectly, no problem...I have tried many many times, but I am still getting the same error. I am starting to believe my location is the reason why, but that is not fair...just because I am on vacation does not mean I should not be able to download the apps which I am paying for through my account back home. Ugh, I hope that is not the reason.

p.s. I am using the iTunes store USA.

mabedan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
lol masood, i'm iranian too, but i live in Paris, and now i'm in tehran for vacation. the same situation.
i wrote a letter to apple about this. here's their replay:

"This software upgrade is available only where the iTunes Store is available. We currently do not have an iTunes Store in your country, so you will not be able to take advantage of this software upgrade.

Although I cannot comment on future expansion plans of the iTunes Store, please rest assured that we are committed to bringing the iTunes Store to people around the world."

masoud90

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
wow its soooo bad. I told my brother (who didn't come with us) to download and see if it works...and it did for him...now itunes wont even let me download it through 'check for purchases'...funny thing is that it even pops up under 'purchase history'.

And oh yeah, I am sure that Iran is def gonna get its own iTunes with the situation that the world is in right now...lmao...truly sad.

sood

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
1009nejad

lol masood, i'm iranian too, but i live in Paris, and now i'm in tehran for vacation. the same situation.
i wrote a letter to apple about this. here's their replay:

"This software upgrade is available only where the iTunes Store is available. We currently do not have an iTunes Store in your country, so you will not be able to take advantage of this software upgrade.

Although I cannot comment on future expansion plans of the iTunes Store, please rest assured that we are committed to bringing the iTunes Store to people around the world."

YOU TOO MABEDAN??? holy $&%# that's funny. Guys we should feel special. Our country has it's own special error code. :D Go 1009nejad! What's even funnier is that all of us live in countries with legitimate itunes accounts...and music, movies...etc still appear to download fine.

I know this may sound overly paranoid, but I think every piece of apple software introduced after these latest sanctions may be off limits to us. The reason I say that is cuz I seem to be the only one left on leopard without mobileme showing up in my software update. Good times eh? :rolleyes:

mabedan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
man baradaram emshab mirese tehran. dirooz besh goftam 20ta free application az itunes download kone, ba itunes account man. vaghti oomad mikham synkeshoon konam roo ipod bebinam kar mikone ya na, age kar kard khabaresho midam behetoon :cool:

sood

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
So here's the reply I received from Apple support:

Dear Soodi,

I'm sorry to hear that you received an error -1009 message when you tried to purchase applications. I know this is may be frustrating since you are likely eager to enjoy this new feature.

If your computer is on a network, you may also want to try using a different computer on the network or discuss the issue with the network administrator.

If this does not help, please respond to this email with the following:

- Your complete billing address, for security purposes

- The type of Internet connection you use (such as dial-up, cable modem, DSL, or corporate network)

- The name of your ISP

- Permission to reset your password so that Apple can investigate the issue

I hope this information helps. If you need further assistance, please reply and I will be happy to further investigate this issue.

Best regards,

Martin
iTunes Store Customer Support

Haha I'd like to see the look on his face if I sent an email saying my ISP is shatel or pars online. He'd be like..."wtf is that??". lol.

I think I'm gonna have to figure out the proxy tunnel route. I'm on a mac and there doesn't seem to be any software available for os x. And proxy sites won't work for itunes. I'll start asking around...but do you guys have any experience with filtershekans?

p.s. mobileme just now showed up in my software update...there's hope yet! :)

masoud90

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Wow. I told my bro to upload super monkey ball (which he downloaded from my account onto his laptop) to megaupload and im awaiting him to do that...vaghan kheili maskharas....vali bahale ke ma hame irania be ghole shoma error 1009nejado darim haha.

mabedan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
done!!!!!

agha doros shod :D tamame applicationha kar mikonan roo ipod... bedoone inke khodam download karde basham, faghat file applicationha ro ke baradaram download karde bood rikhtam rooye itunes. hamin...

sood

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
I figured out a way! :D...no dadash required ;)

Forget about stupid web proxies! The answer is VPNs! After hours and hours of googling I stumbled upon this: https://www.relakks.com/?lang=en

Khoda omreh Swedia bedeh. :eek: They give you a free one month trial, which I think will be perfect for all of us. I found a few other VPN sites but either they only had a one day trial or they were free but the speed, connection...etc was terrible. Relakks is working perfectly for me. Eineh divooneha hala daram application download mikonam! lol. Just sign up for an account (no credit card required for the trial) and follow the setup instructions for your OS under the FAQs. Take that 1009nejad!!!

Now I just have to wait for pwnage to come out so I can jailbreak my phone and start having some fun with these apps. Until then though, I can finally also check facebook and youtube on my phone if I use shared wifi. Killed two birds with one stone! awesome :cool:

therealabdo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2010
same problem

guys I live in Syria...so we share the same problem...I didn't have this problem when I was in Germany...so it is a goddamn proxies thing..anyway I tried the solutions u have suggested and neither worked :(
I am now appLESS :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.