Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Ok i got it all working!!......

first off,i have to say notifier+ is AWESOME!

for some reason my lockinfo must have had some conflict with notifier+, so i removed lockinfo altogether and all notifiers and reminders work flawless!

lockinfo is really not needed once you have notifier+ for the most part.....

I did have to go get lockscreen clock hide,and DIM DELAY,and popup blocker to make things work well without lockinfo.

so i have tonefxs which has all my custom sounds for all tones,then reminder sends a beep each few minutes(all customizable timers and sounds) to remind me! so from the other room i can tell if its a new SMS or simply a reminder,this is what ive been wanting all along in the ip4.

highly recommend it!

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
im running lockinfo and notifier+, no conflicts, but i do not use repeating alerts

lockinfo; just for infoshade, and lock screen weather.

Notifier+, status bar alerts and lockscreen alert icons.

i like the set up, but together they are probably eating a lot of memory... that said i had a very good / normal battery life yesterday. we'll see how today goes.

Last edited:

thepyro395

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Arkansas
I bought Notifier+ last night and have been using it all night and day, the only thing I can't figure out is how to get it to use the sms tone that I downloaded from cydia and is activated through winterboard. Does anyone have any idea? Maybe one that doesn't involve ssh, I haven't used ssh to much and I am not to confident using it.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
i am trying to get this to work with my Yahoo messenger.....

i added ' Y! Messenger ' to the corresponding setting within reminder and it just wont work.

all other notifiers and reminders working perfect....just gotta get yahoo to work now.

thanks

emachine87

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I'm so lost...what's the app called in cydia? I searched for Notifier+ and got nothing, removed the + symbol and I got Notifier...someone plz help.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
i got a reply from the author.....

he told me to add com.yahoo.messenger and it all works perfect now with yahoo IMs...

love it!

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
I'm so lost...what's the app called in cydia? I searched for Notifier+ and got nothing, removed the + symbol and I got Notifier...someone plz help.

it comes up fine for me....Notifier+ from bigboss , its for ios4 and higher i believe.

it does cost 1.99

emachine87

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Hmm that's strange, I have an iPhone 4 running on stock 4.0 can you by any chance snap a pic of your cydia search results when you type in Notifier?

emachine87

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Nevermind lol my cydia sources were not updating correctly I put it into Sade mode and now I see all of the new apps :) thank you for the reply

theaero

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2008
Just rejailbroke my phone and first thing I did was install Cydia's updates. Then I bought this. However, I can't even get the app to launch. Opens, then immediately closes. Any ideas? Thanks.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Anyone got any idea how to get whats app messenger to work with this?

send an email to the author....he will tell you what to add for any mesenger to work.

he got my yahoo messenger wlorking perfectly!.....love this alot!

reminders are the best thing!....much better then lockinfo IMO.

here is a pic of mine with small icon setup....love how i can just tap the icon to go right into program,and ofcourse getting reminders when not looking at phone is awesome!

Attachments

• Lexslockscreen.PNG
    Lexslockscreen.PNG
    279.5 KB · Views: 104

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I just found a glitch in it. my music when I stopped and started it again would be glitchy and start and stop once listing for a bit it is fine but once I pause and start again the glitches start.

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
I just found a glitch in it. my music when I stopped and started it again would be glitchy and start and stop once listing for a bit it is fine but once I pause and start again the glitches start.

no issues here with my music whatsoever....might be something you have conflicting....mine is good.

theaero

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2008
send an email to the author....he will tell you what to add for any mesenger to work.

he got my yahoo messenger wlorking perfectly!.....love this alot!

reminders are the best thing!....much better then lockinfo IMO.

here is a pic of mine with small icon setup....love how i can just tap the icon to go right into program,and ofcourse getting reminders when not looking at phone is awesome!

Beautiful. Can I see your home screen / wanna share that theme?

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Beautiful. Can I see your home screen / wanna share that theme?

Pretty sure if you look through ROCKERDAN's other posts you'll find something. He's pretty good at sharing :)

I do like that lockscreen, even though I'm pretty much happy with Analock and AndroiHD for the time being!

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
yes it does! a nice one too...

i bought notifier+ used it since its been out with no problems whatsoever, really nicely done. its perfect...

but lockinfo has me sucked in with the weather plugin on the lockscreen.

so in light of the weather plugin im back to just using lockinfo. but i would no no qualms about going to Notifier+

i found running both lockinfo and notifer+ together was using about 60 additional meg of ram...

theaero

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2008
Finally got it working. Any way to have quick reply come up when I click my bitesms button, instead of the bitesms application? Thanks

EDIT: also anyway to have ANY badged application (cydia/appstore/fb) etc show up? I could put the ident in the messenging section or something :p??

EDIT 2: Is there any way to have more than two/three status icons in the statusbar? It only fits three to the right side of the time, (bitesms icon goes to the left no problem, but none of the others do). I can only fit three (two with date enabled in sbsettings), and I normally have quite a bit more than that. Any ideas?

Last edited:

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
anyone knows how to change the LS icons from the default to something else? or maybe direct me to where the folders are...

i tried looking around and besides the Application/notified+ folders, can't find nothing else...

thankx!

gapperonduty

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
anyone knows how to change the LS icons from the default to something else? or maybe direct me to where the folders are...

i tried looking around and besides the Application/notified+ folders, can't find nothing else...

thankx!

alright, to answer my own questions, the app uses the default icons and NOT those from winterboard theme.

So i tried changing the WhatsApp icon to my own and LS changes accordingly, so does Meebo.

As for stock apps like phone and mail, i still could not find a way. Changing in both winterboard, and Applications/mobilephone.app(or mobileSMS.app or mobile mail.app) does nothing.

anyone knows how to make this all better, shoot this topic a reply! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.