Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Hey,

A friend of mine is working on a new logo for my software house. This is a concept, so I'd like to you what you guys think before finishing the work. We really need feedback.

http://www.chiarosoftware.com

Attachments

• Egito 02 a missão.jpg
    Egito 02 a missão.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 87

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How does an ancient Egyptian head[piece] relates to software. I don't see the tie in

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The word Chairo is greek. Neither logo is really greek. The definition is (loosely):

to rejoice, be glad
to rejoice exceedingly
to be well, thrive
in salutations, hail!
at the beginning of letters: to give one greeting, salute

Your logos don't correlate. If you're trying to tie the logo into the name you failed. If you just want a logo and it doesn't have to tie into anything then ok. However, in some way it should tie into software and/or the word chairo.

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
Original poster
The word Chairo is greek. Neither logo is really greek. The definition is (loosely):

to rejoice, be glad
to rejoice exceedingly
to be well, thrive
in salutations, hail!
at the beginning of letters: to give one greeting, salute

Your logos don't correlate. If you're trying to tie the logo into the name you failed. If you just want a logo and it doesn't have to tie into anything then ok. However, in some way it should tie into software and/or the word chairo.

Chiaro also means "clear" in Italian. We're still thinking about the shape.

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
How about a black and white sketch...

a black square with a white streak through it?? Clear?

Just my 2 cents....

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
The center white part of the first logo looks like the shape of a cooked chicken, with the little wing stubs sticking out.

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Your symbols suffer from trapped white space, have no dimension, and are lacking a solid concept. Got anything else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.