Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Well I have had my iPad for about a month and only have a screen protection kit and a tpu case from mono price (review coming tonight) and I was wondering if anybody can recommend any good cases for my iPad. The criteria is that is should be a folio style (doesn't have to be), it can not be more than $80 and it must be of good quality. Please no bookbook style case. Thank you very much.

P.S. How do you add a signature on this forum?

Sterne

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
I'd go with the Portenzo notebook style case - for $59 plus shipping I think it is the best on the market in terms of design, fit, finish and as a bonus, the customer service is unbeatable. And you can choose from a couple of exterior materials and many colors for the inside. Http://shop.Portenzo.com. No financial interest, just a happy customer.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I like that case but I'm afraid it doesn't quit fit me. I want a case that is like the invade book jacket (a leather binder type of case) thanks for the suggestions though.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Not sure if it's the right style, but I am pretty impressed with my Noreve Tradition. I have a few cases that I alternate between. The plus of this one is a very nice mounting system, stable landscape mode, and not too much added bulk. Kind of a weak typing mode, but I never use this anyway.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I'd go with the Portenzo notebook style case - for $59 plus shipping I think it is the best on the market in terms of design, fit, finish and as a bonus, the customer service is unbeatable. And you can choose from a couple of exterior materials and many colors for the inside. Http://shop.Portenzo.com. No financial interest, just a happy customer.

I have actually fallen in love with this case so it's either the Incase Book Jacket, the portenzo, or both. :D

Click on "User CP" in the top left corner, then on the left sidebar under "Settings & Options" click "Edit Signature"

Yeah I was looking around settings and found it. Thank you for your replies.

chris007

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego
I have actually fallen in love with this case so it's either the Incase Book Jacket, the portenzo, or both. :D

Those portenzo's are pretty awesome, I'd definitely grab one of those iPhone 4 cases, once I can upgrade to the iPhone 4 that is. The iPad cases remind me of the equally awesome Dodo case and now looking between the two site, they're basically the same thing... hmm well if you've got so many comparisons with the ipad being the new medium of print you're bound to see people with the same idea for a case. lol.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Those portenzo's are pretty awesome, I'd definitely grab one of those iPhone 4 cases, once I can upgrade to the iPhone 4 that is. The iPad cases remind me of the equally awesome Dodo case and now looking between the two site, they're basically the same thing... hmm well if you've got so many comparisons with the ipad being the new medium of print you're bound to see people with the same idea for a case. lol.

Only reason I'm getting the Portenzo instead of the dodo is because there were many complaints about the dodo. I'm stuck between grove made for my iPhone 4 or one or portenzos iPhone 4 cases...

chris007

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego
Only reason I'm getting the Portenzo instead of the dodo is because there were many complaints about the dodo. I'm stuck between grove made for my iPhone 4 or one or portenzos iPhone 4 cases...

Interesting, I haven't heard of any complaints about the Dodo. What kind of things were people bringing up? But yeah I definitely like those portenzos iPhone 4 cases... can't really decide between which style, but I'm leaning toward the Reporter.

Just looked up the grove case you mentioned. Is this it?

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Interesting, I haven't heard of any complaints about the Dodo. What kind of things were people bringing up? But yeah I definitely like those portenzos iPhone 4 cases... can't really decide between which style, but I'm leaning toward the Reporter.

Just looked up the grove case you mentioned. Is this it?

I like the notebook style iPhone case better. Like the corners on the dodo were peeling up and for that price its horrible and yeah I like that grove made case.

AlexAMoser

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2010
Suggestions

I have have tested out about 10 cases between friends and I suggest there are 3 great ones Otterbox, ZooGue, and Incase

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010
Well I have had my iPad for about a month and only have a screen protection kit and a tpu case from mono price (review coming tonight) and I was wondering if anybody can recommend any good cases for my iPad. The criteria is that is should be a folio style (doesn't have to be), it can not be more than $80 and it must be of good quality. Please no bookbook style case. Thank you very much.

P.S. How do you add a signature on this forum?

I have two (2) black Genuine Leather Cases Folio with 3-in-1 built-in stand from Amazon (free shipping) for a total of $51.98. It has magnetic closure on top and bottom outer corners. It's made of 100% real Cowhide Top Grain Leather. Just re-checked on Amazon it goes up $3 from $25.99 to $28.99

http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-Genuine-Leather-built-/dp/B003ZUIHY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291837193&sr=8-1
41rh%2BJmaoXL.jpg

If you search Top Grain Leather on Wikipedia, you will learn that Top Grain leather is considered as the second highest grade of leather, and is as strong and durable as full grain leather. It is split from the top layer of hide and sanded and refinished. This case is made of the High Quality Top Grain Leather. Why it is not made of full grain leather? Maybe you will ask. Full Grain Leather is very thick and heavy. it is not suitable for computer cases. Top Grain Leather has the durability that Full grain leather has to offer as well as the appropriate weight, thickness and texture a good iPad case should have.

Last edited:

anuagg89

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
We chose Apple’s wireless keyboard over the iPad keyboard dock because of its greater flexibility. You can use your iPad in horizontal orientation, while the keyboard-dock combo requires the iPad to be standing up. Without a bulky dock attached, the wireless keyboard is less bulky than the combo, too, which allows it to fit easily into a computer bag. For the same price as the dock, you’re also getting a keyboard that can be used with any Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer, not just the iPad.

To add the signature in the forum whether we use edit signature in user control panel or we can use bb code in this message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.