Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Hi, i used to transfer/backup my whole music from my iphone 2g to my PC using iDump or Sharepod which are 2 great freewares but both are not working with iOS4.

What do you guys use ? ( i want a freeware of course....)

Thanks
________
AVALON (CONCEPT)

Last edited:

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
Yep, I can read...however when I have music on my iPhone and I want it on my computer I sync it to iTunes and viola, it's on my computer. Or is this not the same PC that you usually sync your phone to?

Or if you want a separate backup than that of your iTunes library, sync then copy/paste files to backup destination.

I don't know what else you're looking for, if you sync your phone with iTunes whatever isn't on the PC will transfer iPhone>PC and whatever isn't on the Phone will transfer PC>iPhone.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Yep, I can read...however when I have music on my iPhone and I want it on my computer I sync it to iTunes and viola, it's on my computer. Or is this not the same PC that you usually sync your phone to?

Or if you want a separate backup than that of your iTunes library, sync then copy/paste files to backup destination.

I don't know what else you're looking for, if you sync your phone with iTunes whatever isn't on the PC will transfer iPhone>PC and whatever isn't on the Phone will transfer PC>iPhone.

I had a computer A that has been destroyed. The music was on computer A.

I want the music on my iphone to be on computer B.

It is plain simple.

Itunes is not allowing to do that kind of thing. This is why softwares i mentionned in the first post do exist.

What is in red is completly wrong.

got it ?
________
DODGE LANCER SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

theone09

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2008
Hi, i used to transfer/backup my whole music from my iphone 2g to my PC using iDump or Sharepod which are 2 great freewares but both are not working with iOS4.

What do you guys use ? ( i want a freeware of course....)

Thanks

there are some apps for pc or mac to do transfer from
iphone/ipod to pc or mac. do some search on google

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
Media Monkey 3.1303 will let you copy, rename and arrange them back to your PC in folders based on their tag info.

Connect your iPhone, open MediaMonkey, select your iPhone on the left, Ctrl+A to select all files on the right, right click on all selected files and choose "Auto Organize File", select "Copy files to new destination based on track tags", in the destination field add something like \Users\"Insert Your User Name"\Desktop\iPhone Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Album> - <Title>, press OK then Yes and it will rename the files and organize them into folders on your desktop or you could set your iTunes library location as the destination.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Media Monkey 3.1303 will let you copy, rename and arrange them back to your PC in folders based on their tag info.

Connect your iPhone, open MediaMonkey, select your iPhone on the left, Ctrl+A to select all files on the right, right click on all selected files and choose "Auto Organize File", select "Copy files to new destination based on track tags", in the destination field add something like \Users\"Insert Your User Name"\Desktop\iPhone Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Album> - <Title>, press OK then Yes and it will rename the files and organize them into folders on your desktop or you could set your iTunes library location as the destination.

Gooood

Thanks a lot !!!!1
________
Financial services

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.