Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nomadski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Ive just bought Windows 7 primarily because I couldnt ever find my Photosmart c6280 printer in Vista, but Windows 7 wont even find my airport extreme router!

Ive downloaded the latest Airport Utility 5.4.2 but it just comes up with Utility being unable to find any Apple Wireless Device. I notice the Utility was last updated in June so dunno if that has something to do with it.

I know this is a Mac forum, but ive posted in various forums with no reply, and I have a feeling it is a Apple software issue, but I know I could be wide of the mark.

My PC is online fine, and W7 sees the printer when I click on the network map, just wont find it, or the apple device, when searching for devices / using Airport utility.

Anyone have any ideas what to check, its a brand new install of W7 Pro on a clean HD.

Thanks in advance

kevgrieca

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
airport utility 5.5.1

I have a laptop with windows xp and two desktops (one with xp and one with windows 7). If i install airport utility 5.5.1 on my xp desktop, will my windows 7 computer and windows xp computers both work with my airport extreme?

Thanks for your help.

plaintiger

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
I have a laptop with windows xp and two desktops (one with xp and one with windows 7). If i install airport utility 5.5.1 on my xp desktop, will my windows 7 computer and windows xp computers both work with my airport extreme?

Thanks for your help.

in case you still need an answer to this (i hope you don't, but one never knows), the version of Airport Utility you have installed - or, for that matter, whether you have it installed at all - won't affect your ability to connect one way or another. your ability to connect relies on your network adapter(s) and their drivers; all Airport Utility does is allow you to change your Airport base stations' settings from your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.