Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dino12

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Metropolis, IL
I am remodeling a bathroom and I want to put in ceiling speakers with some sort of in wall mounted ipod dock or a mini jack plug to plug in my iphone. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe a similar setup? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
I am remodeling a bathroom and I want to put in ceiling speakers with some sort of in wall mounted ipod dock or a mini jack plug to plug in my iphone. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe a similar setup? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

best solution would be to have a small shelf with an apple dock and connect it to the speakers using a minijack

you would be able to dock the ipod/iphone and use the remote, but then also use the minijack to connect any other audio source

FixYouriTunes

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
What I've done is put a bunch of these little speakers (https://www.amazon.com/Propower-PRO-POWER-Portable-speakers/dp/B000BSOBG0) all over the house including the bathroom. I've slipped it into a little wicker towel basket with the wire dangling out and i plug the iPod or iPhone in whenever I feel like. It didn't cost me hardly anything and I didn't have to do any kind of fixing or remodeling in the bathroom or any other room.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.