Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Actually, it's Tourette syndrome, but Tourette's is also acceptable. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome

Going to play the acceptable card, huh?

Anyway, to misquote GLaDOS from Portal: The iOS 4.2 update is a lie.

I'm going to go cycling or something. And you know what? When I get back it STILL won't be available. I'm voting it's next Wednesday like the latest round of rumors before this thread reported.

takeaway

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010
News

It looks like 6pm tonight. They continue to tweek the servers in what is believed to become a massive download as iPad users run to the next new thing. Most cellular companies in Canada have shut down there software push servers as they ready for the onslot. 6pm seems logical as my contacts are still working on what they tell me is something big. Everyone I know is booked for overtime tonight.

macdsean

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
It looks like 6pm tonight. They continue to tweek the servers in what is believed to become a massive download as iPad users run to the next new thing. Most cellular companies in Canada have shut down there software push servers as they ready for the onslot. 6pm seems logical as my contacts are still working on what they tell me is something big. Everyone I know is booked for overtime tonight.

What? What do cellular companies software push servers have to do with iOS 4.2? I may be missing something, but iOS is updated through Apple's servers, not cellular company servers.

Please elaborate.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Just tried in the UK

Voila_Capture.png

jhpadilla

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2008
I've been using 4.2 gm for a while now, and I still can't find any significant bugs!!!

What did they find that was so catastrophic as to postpone the update?!?!

EDIT: oooooooh wait, I just read about the VoIP issue...... that's definitely at least ONE of the reasons...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.