Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a place to investigate various PDA's as a friend of mine's mother want to buy her son one (he's 29 :) )but knows nothing about them, so she asked me but it's not something I really know too much about either.

He's a pc user so mac compatability isn't really needed.

Any help would be appreciated as most of the site's I've found are useless.

Thanks

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
while im not a fan of their articles or reviews of macs i would check out www.cnet.com's review section, its usually pretty helpful except for when it comes to macs, but as you said that isnt an issue here.....

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
TBR said:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a place to investigate various PDA's as a friend of mine's mother want to buy her son one (he's 29 :) )but knows nothing about them, so she asked me but it's not something I really know too much about either.

He's a pc user so mac compatability isn't really needed.

Any help would be appreciated as most of the site's I've found are useless.

Thanks

Try this:

http://www.brighthand.com

dual64bit

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2004
Treo 600/650

I would recommend the Treo, it also serves as a mobile phone. Very nice, has bluetooth, camera that makes movies, HD screen, good stuff...

But of course it is also a phone so it might not be exactly what she is looking for.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
or try http://www.the-gadgeteer.com

you might have to search a little (or simply scroll through the review index), and it might work best if you're narrowed it down to a few options and want to compare them.

good luck!

marianne

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.