Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halfprep455

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Maryland USA
My macbook connects to my wifi connection which is secured without any issues. However it wont let me connect to the internet. I keep getting a message on the airport icon that has an exclamation point on it that says "no internet connection available." Also, when I open up the network settings under the airport settings, it says self assigned ip address can not connect to internet. I have no idea what is going on because all of my other computers and xbox is connecting to the internet just fine. I already tried to restart the router and the modem and I also emptied the cache on the macbook. I tried to call Comcast but they were not very helpful.

richkahn

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2010
Same Issue; Same Day

hi,
don't have a solution and also looking for one. my wife's macbook running 10.6.4 suddenly lost internet connection yesterday; but she changed no settings (no new firewall implements, etc). the macbook continues to find the wireless uverse network fine and has full bars. we've rebooted her system, and the uverse router. all other computers continue to run fine on the uverse wireless in the house both prior to and after reboots...

looking for any thoughts...
richard

tug

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
hi. dont know wether this will help you, but the same happened to me a while back. this worked for me, get namebench set it to run, it will give you some codes , put them in your dns (network/advanced/dns server) as they appear in namebench (quickly copy original codes down just in case) click apply. and hopefully it might have helped you. like i said however, it worked for me, yours might be a different problem to mine. :apple:
just noticed this is an old thread, but it still might help somebody

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
Always an easy first step (which fixes a lot) when troubleshooting a network connection that doesn't work at all: Create a new location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.