Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UmbraClaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hi all

I could really use some help with a little predicament. My old desktop recently fried itself, so my main iTunes archive is no longer accessible. I want to start a new main archive on my laptop, but since the backup I have of the iTunes Archive is rather old, I do not want to just sync my iPhone to this old backup, since I'm worried about losing data.

How can I transfer all the contents of my phone to the new iTunes archive, making sure that the archive will let the phone data take precedent over older files?

UmbraClaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
After investigating Sanuti, I'm not really sure that it solves my problem. I'm not really interested in recovering my music files from the iPhone, as a matter of fact I have none (netradio takes up much less space).
My main concern is how to save/recover my apps, the saved data associated with said apps (e.g. save games etc), my saved audio recordings, photos, notes, contacts etc.

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.