Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
Hi guys, I have an iMac i7 27" and I have a nice 32" flatscreen I'd love to use as a secondary monitor to watch videos while I'm doing other stuff on the imac screen.

What the best connector to achieve this with the highest resolution possible?

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
thank you.

I don't need audio, just the image (I'm only using the TV as a secondary monitor)

so I just got de Mini DV adaptor and a HDMI cable (less than 20 bucks everything)

EvolutionXGSR

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2010
I was just about to start a thread about this so I think i'll hijack it if that's ok with you? :)

I want connect my 27" iMac i7 and was wondering if I get this to connect to my LCD panel, what is the highest resolution i'll be getting the tv? Will it display full 1080p? I know that the discription for the adapter says it will, but will the mini-dp port on the iMac output that much? THanks alot!!!

saustin6354

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
thank you.

I don't need audio, just the image (I'm only using the TV as a secondary monitor)

so I just got de Mini DV adaptor and a HDMI cable (less than 20 bucks everything)
Walmart has one with a hdmi male end so you don't have to get two cables for future reference. 50.00 bux

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.