Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlerrigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Hiya

Got a baby on the way in a month and was wondering if anybody knew of a wireless baby monitor or wireless camera that I could use over my home network to a mac or, if possible, an iphone. It would be an added bonus if I could view the camera on my Iphone when I'm out of the house. I know that there should be something like this but can't seem to find anything online. I live in Sweden, but could possibly shop abroad.

Thanks.....

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Hiya

Got a baby on the way in a month and was wondering if anybody knew of a wireless baby monitor or wireless camera that I could use over my home network to a mac or, if possible, an iphone. It would be an added bonus if I could view the camera on my Iphone when I'm out of the house. I know that there should be something like this but can't seem to find anything online. I live in Sweden, but could possibly shop abroad.

Thanks.....

Try the Linksys WVC80N, only good N camera I found + you get video & audio through MS Internet Explorer but video on Firefox, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, iPad, etc no problems when you're away - you just need to set up an account with someone like dynDNS.

Molly9

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
I'm a new mother and need a baby monitor that works with my iPhone but easy to set up. The only ones I'm finding are apps that want me to use my Macbook as a camera but that's not practical for me since, you know, I need to use my Macbook! Does anybody have any suggestions besides the last comment? I looked at some of the other threads but all the choices seem pretty technical.

Molly9

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
Thanks but I'm looking for something more basic. That was a security cam website and the product is not user friendly. There has to be some product out there that's easy to set up, has night vision, and sends the video and audio to my iPhone or iMac and designed specifically to be a baby monitor.
Does anyone in MacRumor Land own one?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Any luck?

My earlier link was to a company that resells solutions from multiple vendors, but Googling "iPhone compatible cameras" gave me more options to research.

Molly9

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
Never mind, thanks though but those options are not exactly what I'm looking for because of how my house is set up. I need something that works on my wireless network and has night vision.

Did another search and found this on CNET -

WiFi Baby 3G - Streams video and audio to iPhone plus iPad at home plus over 3G.

Hope it works!

http://cnettv.cnet.com/8301-13991_53-20024536-10391624.html

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Never mind, thanks though but those options are not exactly what I'm looking for because of how my house is set up. I need something that works on my wireless network and has night vision.

Did another search and found this on CNET -

WiFi Baby 3G - Streams video and audio to iPhone plus iPad at home plus over 3G.

Hope it works!

http://cnettv.cnet.com/8301-13991_53-20024536-10391624.html

What a horrible name for the product. It would be a good product, but it only has wifi b/g which is a non-starter for our home network.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What a horrible name for the product. It would be a good product, but it only has wifi b/g which is a non-starter for our home network.

NOTE: It has wired Ethernet too, so just pair it with an Airport Express if you must use 802.11n. Seems a tad expensive for what it is IMHO.

B

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
NOTE: It has wired Ethernet too, so just pair it with an Airport Express if you must use 802.11n. Seems a tad expensive for what it is IMHO.

B

Agreed. Your idea works, but then I'm in the hole close to $400 for this setup, pass.

cctv2013

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
One more suggestion

Try the Linksys WVC80N, only good N camera I found + you get video & audio through MS Internet Explorer but video on Firefox, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, iPad, etc no problems when you're away - you just need to set up an account with someone like dynDNS.

Agreed. Your idea works, but then I'm in the hole close to $400 for this setup, pass.

i think u visit cctvsuppliers.com.au

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
How come no on as mentioned Withings Smart Baby Monitor. It is expensive, but has been awesome and easy to setup and has many functions.

http://withings.com/en/babymonitor

It has wifi and ethernet and bluetooth. Wifi is all dependent on how stable your wifi router is and ethernet has been flawless, never disconnected, the way a monitor should be.

It also has push notifications for movement and sound including the ability to change thresholds for push notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.