Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
I did some quick searching and didn't come across this so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else.

I'm getting my daughter an iPod Touch for Christmas and I'd like her to have her own iTunes account / Apple ID. Can we manage that account from one computer, which is a Macbook, that I use for my iPhone, Apple TV and iPad?

I'm not necessarily looking to share applications or music, but I would like to have a little bit of control over the device.

Her mother and I are divorced and I really would like to use FaceTime to talk to her. She's very familiar with iOS using my iPhone and iPad. I want her to be able to download her own applications without using my iTunes account. I plan on setting up her own account and funding it with iTunes gift cards. I don't mind her downloading free apps but I don't want her going hog wild with pay apps on my account. Too bad there isn't a parental control in iOS that says all free apps are good but pay ones need a secondary password or something like that, allowing us to use the same iTunes account / Apple ID.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.