Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
I've attached an image of the one I would like, no idea where to put the file though.

I know how to use SSH and all that, just don't know where they are located and how to change them.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying to do this for a long time.

Attachments

• FolderIconBG@2x.png
    FolderIconBG@2x.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 7,058

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Nevermind, I figured it out myself, it's here if anyone else needs help >> /private/var/stash/Themes/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Well, that's where it is if you're using a theme anyways..

Now I want to figure out how to change the background in the folders once you've opened them.

pault106

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Essex
/private/var/stash/Themes/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Now I want to figure out how to change the background in the folders once you've opened them.

Just rename your desired background 'FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png' and put it in that same directory. ;)

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Just rename your desired background 'FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png' and put it in that same directory. ;)

Been trying that with no luck..:confused:

Oops, I keep forgetting I need to make all changes in the theme file since I'm using Elite Pro from Cydia..:eek::eek:

And that doesn't work either, I've tried everything it seems andit just won't change, there's got to be something I'm missing..

Last edited:

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Is it not possible to make custom folder backgrounds on 4.1??

Nobody knows?? :confused:

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL

It is possible if using Winterboard or if you want to go into the OS directly. It is not possible without jailbreaking your iPhone.

Its different (sorry dont rember what its directory is) if you use folder enhancer.

If using folder enhancer place the new background in...

ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

and make sure the file is named...

FEFolderBG@2x.png

Working great for me.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

Of course its possible. Many people don't mention that after you put your custom background in that folder, you need to delete file 'com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherlinen which is in private/var/mobile/Library/Caches

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Its different (sorry dont rember what its directory is) if you use folder enhancer.

I'm not using any folder tweaks..

It is possible if using Winterboard or if you want to go into the OS directly. It is not possible without jailbreaking your iPhone.

If using folder enhancer place the new background in...

ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

and make sure the file is named...

I've tried Winterboard and SSH, nothing has worked so far, I'm running a theme off of Cydia, that's it. Elite Pro HD if that helps.

Of course its possible. Many people don't mention that after you put your custom background in that folder, you need to delete file 'com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherlinen which is in private/var/mobile/Library/Caches

I deleted that file as well, still doesn't work which is why I'm stumped.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Well I found a tweak in Cydia that allows you to change the folder background wallpaper! It's called fsWipeCache, you just click the icon it puts on your phone whenever you change the folder background and it re-springs the phone and your all set.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Do these only change the background? Is there an actual way to change the icon? I hate seeing the little app icons, but like the ability to just drag and drop....or is there another tweak to change the actual icon or to where I can drag and drop into CategoriesSB?

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Do these only change the background? Is there an actual way to change the icon? I hate seeing the little app icons, but like the ability to just drag and drop....or is there another tweak to change the actual icon or to where I can drag and drop into CategoriesSB?

They only change the BG, there are some hacks in Cydia and notably "True Transparent Folder icon" (which requires WB) looks really cool

hiranuk

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2011
Iphone 4 4.3.3

Hi

I have Transparent Folder Icons working fine on 4.1, now that i updated to 4.3.3 it does not work. I am not looking for anything similar, i have seen, folder enhancer, clear folders etc. I just want the Transparent Folder Icons to work on 4.3.3
Does anyone have any ideas if that is possible.

Internal Fury

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
any jailbroken phone on any os can have images switched
just find the base one then copy the name then delete old one

feetis face

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Hi

I have Transparent Folder Icons working fine on 4.1, now that i updated to 4.3.3 it does not work. I am not looking for anything similar, i have seen, folder enhancer, clear folders etc. I just want the Transparent Folder Icons to work on 4.3.3
Does anyone have any ideas if that is possible.

I am having this same issue on an iPhone 4 running ios 4.3.3. When I was on 4.2.1 I had a clear folder icon, and now I don't. Is there a package out there that works with 4.3.3. Please help, I'm not the biggest fan of the factory image and would like very much to remove all traces of it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.