Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I've tried a number of cases and I've decided to keep my iPad as thin as possible. I really don't have a need to have it propped up in any angle... just as close to naked as possible. I also don't travel much at all with it, it's mainly used around the house.

Having said this, would you all recommend a skin like a BSE or an actual soft case shell to simply cover the back? My only concern is not scuffing up the back when I move it around.

I'd love something I can pick up today at either an Apple store or a place like Walmart/Best Buy... Thx!

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I've tried a number of cases and I've decided to keep my iPad as thin as possible. I really don't have a need to have it propped up in any angle... just as close to naked as possible. I also don't travel much at all with it, it's mainly used around the house.

Having said this, would you all recommend a skin like a BSE or an actual soft case shell to simply cover the back? My only concern is not scuffing up the back when I move it around.

I'd love something I can pick up today at either an Apple store or a place like Walmart/Best Buy... Thx!

Belkin Grip Vue are the best. Thin, grippy, protective. I saw them at target on clearance for like $15. I paid $40 for mine on launch day. The clear one yellows a bit but they really are nice. My only complaint is that the camera dongle does not fit through the cut ou , so you have to slide the edge off to upload photos. No biggie though.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
There are some really great clear TPU cases offered on Amazon.com and on Ebay through various sellers.

I know it is not as convenient as being able to get it at Apple or Best Buy, but the wait is worth it, IMHO.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
The reason I really want to buy it locally is simply because I know how picky I am and if I don't like something about the case, I really would like to exchange/return it. Working with anyone online in this regard is usually a big pain in the butt...

Fisher624

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
I went from the apple iPad case ("sharp" edges, had to open it), to the grip vue (nice and sticky but a PITA when operating the buttons, and more bulky than I wanted), to a wrapsol skin on the back.

The skin is awesome. It is my first experience with wrapsol, but it was available at walmart, and I had heard good things about it on the iPhone. I love it. Simple to install, no steamy shower or hermetically sealed chamber necessary. The ipad is basically naked, you cannot tell the skin is on; and it gives enough grip to combat the slipperiness of a naked iPad.

Go for a skin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.