Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mogatx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Can anyone help? My phone was charging near a window in a my house, it was a cold night last night (30 degrees) and will not turn on this morning.

Any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
d :confused:

Wicker

macrumors regular
May 11, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Hold the home button and the sleep button together for a few seconds until the Apple logo shows on your screen?

Hopefully that will do the trick, it did for me (but unsure if the cold was the cause for my issue)

mogatx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Hi Wicker, thanks but i've been trying that (in vain!!) and nothing. no heartbeat, lol.

Sigh. it's been "warming" (i have it wrapped in a sweater) for about an hour now.

I know it's my fault, but its just so frustrating!

AppleHtr

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
lol

Funny ****, I just read in a newspaper how an iPhone4 user broke his phone by taking it outside on a cold day, It died, R.I.P. The guy goes to the store, and what do they tell him, "sorry iPhones can't handle less then 32 degrees, and thus is not covered by warranty". My nephew's IP3g died too I just found out, he was outside with it in the cold. What a piece of crap phone :D Sorry, buy a real phone next time, not a fashion statement.

And yes, the warranty will claim it can't be used below 32 degrees. Go Apple!

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Wow.. that is weird.. Even more weird is that i was outside with my phone hear in memphis for the last 2 hours in 20sum degree weather and i had zero problems... Try taking it out of the sweater and off the charger... for a little bit.. Then continue to hold both buttons...
If that doesnt work.. take it up to the apple store.. DONT tell them you left it near the window.. Just say, u woke up and it was on your nightstand on the charger, but wouldnt turn on..

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
So, while I am holding out for a VZ IPhone, I thought I would check out the threads to gain knowledge.

What do y'all mean the IPhone cannot handle temps below freezing???? I live in freaking Montana, where it is below freezing 9 months of the year!

Abarth1200

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Wow why would you live there, I hope you dont work outside all day like me.

-10 celcius is cold enough for me! An my iphone 4 hasnt skipped a beat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.