Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

154819-itunes_rewind_2010.jpg

Earlier today, Apple released its "iTunes Rewind 2010" feature in the iTunes Store, offering a look at what the company has judged to be the best music, TV shows, apps, movies, audiobooks, and podcasts of 2010. An extension of Apple's weekly "Rewind" podcast, the feature offers best-of selections in numerous sub-categories within each type of media. Among the notable winners:

Apps
- iPhone App of the Year: Hipstamatic
- iPhone Game of the Year: Plants vs. Zombies
- iPad App of the Year: Flipboard
- iPad Game of the Year: Osmos for iPad

Music
- Artist of the Year: Eminem
- Album of the Year: "Brothers", The Black Keys
- Best New Artist: B.o.B.

Article Link: 'iTunes Rewind' Highlights the Best of 2010

KaneBaker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2009
Never played PvZ. Doesn't look interesting. Cut The Rope and various other games seem like a better choice.

PvZ is my favorite game on the platform by far. However it's not exclusive to the platform.

Carcassone is the second best thing.

darknite38

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
No use in removing my /care comment, just saying this "rumor" isn't needed on the front page

BTGeekboy

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
The iPhone app of the year is the annoying one that takes the high quality photos and makes them look bad. Nice.

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
The Rewind section of the iTunes Store in Mexico has something in german that I guess says the best music of 2010. lol how can they mess up that bad when in mexico spanish is spoken :confused:

ShiftyPig

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
AU
No use in removing my /care comment, just saying this "rumor" isn't needed on the front page

I've always wondered how AppShopper isn't a violation of the affiliate terms and conditions, which clearly states that a site cannot:

"Violate any intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, scraping text or images from Apple's Websites or the iTunes Store."

Is that not exactly what AppShopper does - descriptive copy word-for-word, screenshots, and icon?

gorbok

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
Surely Angry Birds should be the Game of the Year. It's been number one for as long as I can remember and it's an international sensation. It's even spawned an Israeli comedy sketch. Sure, it was technically released in 2009, but if it wasn't even considered then why is it's icon in the iTunes Rewind banner?

It's alright Birds, you're still my number one.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
Osmos...

Great choice with Osmos. It's made for touch, and looks & sounds beautiful. I hope the platform spawns more unclassifiable creative games like this one...

fxtech

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
The iPhone app of the year is the annoying one that takes the high quality photos and makes them look bad. Nice.

Yeah, I never understood why the most popular photography apps were the ones that took perfectly good photos and made them look like crap. Taking a crappy photo and desaturating it and slapping a Polaroid border around it doesn't make it art!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait, the same corporation that polices the App Store by not allowing adult-themed apps into it has announced Eminem is their Artist of the Year? Very ironic. This must be a bad dream. Quick, someone wake me up. I can't take it anymore.

lsvtecjohn3

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Yeah, I never understood why the most popular photography apps were the ones that took perfectly good photos and made them look like crap. Taking a crappy photo and desaturating it and slapping a Polaroid border around it doesn't make it art!

I disagree with you
c7d741c6.jpg

And Plants vs Zombies is a great game, so I'm not mad that it beat out some of the other top games

Last edited by a moderator:

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
PvZ is my favorite game on the platform by far. However it's not exclusive to the platform.

Carcassone is the second best thing.
It may not be exclusive to iOS, but PvZ on the iPad is the best implementation of the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.